Newbie : Australian Soccer Cards

AOFM

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Damian
Hi all,

I collect Australian Soccer (Association Football) memorabillia, and run a small online museum (www.ozfootball.net/museum). I'm looking to complete my 1920s Soccer Trade cards (Davies and Herbert / Allens Confectionery / Reschs Brewery), as well as my 1963 and 1965 Scanlens soccer sets.

cheers,
damian

Hey Damian :)

Welcome to OCT :) I only just joined a week ago but I love the site :)

Sorry no soccer here ... I am a Ruby League gal :) Parramatta Eels supporter :) Never really liked soccer but each to their own :)

I generally hang out on the NRL boards and find everyone there to be very friendly and have a wealth of knowledge about collecting and the cards :)

I used to collect in the 80s as a kid and used to play flicks with them :( Left my collection at my mums for safe keeping but after 10yrs I went back for it but the suitcase I had them in was lost :cry:

Now memorabillia I will join you there I love memorabillia :) For that reason I will probably look at your meseum ... I love museums :) I visit museums in most places I go to :) History of an area is fantastic :)

Cheers Michelle :)

Gday mate. Nice website. Welcome to OCT.

Thanks everyone.

A quick question. I got a 2012 AFL Champions redemption card for 3 2011 Screamer Cards. Shall I redeem it or hang on to it?

Welcome to the site Damian.

Personally if you were keeping for yourself, I'd redeem the card. The 3D Screamers aren't bad looking cards

Gday mate. Nice website. Welcome to OCT.

Got my copy of ASCC mag today, thank you.

I was hoping you could answer a question for me. Can you tell me who produced the 1977 Philips Soccer League Soccer card sets?

I have always thought the 77 PSL cards were produced by Scanlens and it is only in later years that I realised that they aren't. What I know is that the cards were in sheets of 9, and that there are dotted lines between each card. What I would like to know is their origin. Where they giveaways at the games in the 1st season of the PSL or some other type of marketing giveaway. I dont think they were sold to the general public.

the ones i have are just like the cards you buy today they were in packs i baught them when i was youngmine are not dotted

I suspect they may have been made by Scanlens on behalf of the league as a promotional thing (they look very similar to Scanlens 1978 release) but i checked with Paul at Scanlens Museum and its definitely not an official Scanlens release.

Back
Top Bottom