New Select Release December 5 2018 **WOW**

Porsche911

addicted2cardboard
Real Name
Jimmy

Select Footy Cards
12 hrs ·
***2018 SELECT XMAS SET***
To celebrate the Xmas season, we have produced a limited edition Christmas set featuring our 2018 Footy Stars Common and Caricature Cards, redesigned with Xmas motifs! This is our lowest common set ever, only 277 complete sets! Each packet containing one limited edition RED Starburst Caricature card numbered to 200, plus 4 common cards!
These packs would make great stocking fillers and are available exclusively on our website at www.selectaustralia.com.au. Packets are $15 each, plus $5 postage. Postage is free for orders over $100. Release date 5th December.

but after reading it sounds kinda silly to do this set, but rare indeed?
comments

not to complain again but it would have been nice if select released the other 14 club team sets for this year?

It’s not really new or anything. Guessing all the designs and players will be the same as used in Footy Stars? Could be wrong but if they are the same then it’s minimum effort. Might buy the odd Hawks one but won’t be buying any packs. Haven’t even got all the Hawks numbered blacks from earlier this year as the caricature cards don’t do much for me.

Select milking collectors again I see.... I look forward to the Easter Brownlow Predictor release (the ultimate redemption), the Valentines Day release with starburst love hearts and the Queens Birthday long weekend starbursts limited to 999.

Seems Grant needs some more spending money for his end of year holidays?

Select milking collectors again I see.... I look forward to the Easter Brownlow Predictor release (the ultimate redemption), the Valentines Day release with starburst love hearts and the Queens Birthday long weekend starbursts limited to 999.

Seems Grant needs some more spending money for his end of year holidays?
It reminded me of the Auskick cards...?

It does seem cheap and opportunistic if I'm honest. However, we do live in free country and just as we have the right to like the idea or not, we also have the right to buy it or not. It's a bit of fun I guess and I suppose something unusual and different for collectors.

@Matt26 you naughty boy :)

This series sounded a bit silly at first, but now after chasing a couple of guys i see that the base set of 254 cards from the Footy Stars set will have the xmas motifs on them as well as the 72 red starburst cards that were only available in the starter packs.
Surely these figures or rumors are wrong, with a list of 72 red starbursts cards x 200 each that gives you 14,400 of these cards.
Surely the set of 72 will be cut to 2 from each team?
Select also state that the common footy stars cards are the lowest common set they have released with only 277 sets printed. So is it 277 x 254 common cards? you would think the common cards would have to be say 4 per team, as mentioned earlier like the auskick cards @Brandboy20 .
Is it worth collecting them at $15 a pack of 5 cards?
Given the fall from grace with the prices of the black starburst cards i might hold out for a while, or just wait until the valentines day set that could be a little more revealing @Matt26. lol :hearts:
like @BLOWN8 i haven't even finished the black starburst set from earlier in the year either.
Cant wait til santa comes..........

Ive heard the Valentines day version is a scratch and sniff version!

It will probably be the 10th version of the same starburst card by then!

If its the full set of 72 starbursts that means there will be (72 * 200) 14,400 at 1 per pack.
So that's a total of $216,000 for printing the same cards a second time.
If its the full set of commons (254 cards * 277 complete common sets) that is 70,348 common cards.
But 14,400 packets * 4 common cards per pack is 57,600 common cards so i am out about 13,000 cards or 3,200 packs.
So to get it to balance you can add in another 1 different coloured starburst for each team then it equals out at the 254 cards * 277 sets.

So there are my sums i am sure someone can get a better result than me but i am happy with the scenario that there will be one extra different coloured starburst card per team, maybe each clubs best and fairest.
All a guess but i have convinced myself anyway, lol,
someone pump out some more stats...........................

Reactions: Cav
If its the full set of 72 starbursts that means there will be (72 * 200) 14,400 at 1 per pack.
So that's a total of $216,000 for printing the same cards a second time.
If its the full set of commons (254 cards * 277 complete common sets) that is 70,348 common cards.
But 14,400 packets * 4 common cards per pack is 57,600 common cards so i am out about 13,000 cards or 3,200 packs.
So to get it to balance you can add in another 1 different coloured starburst for each team then it equals out at the 254 cards * 277 sets.

So there are my sums i am sure someone can get a better result than me but i am happy with the scenario that there will be one extra different coloured starburst card per team, maybe each clubs best and fairest.
All a guess but i have convinced myself anyway, lol,
someone pump out some more stats...........................
Agree with your calculations mate.
If you’re going to get exact.. all else the same, it’s the 72 starburst plus an additional 16, so not quite one for each team. If it’s 1 per team then it ends up closer to 283 common sets. That’s all based on having the full 254 common card set, which I doubt when you take into account that not all of the checklist cards will be required .

Here's an alternative guess.
The 200 sets of 72 Starbursts will apparently be numbered, so I'm in agreement on a 14,400-pack release.
To make the common numbers work, what if you assume there no checklists or AFLWs?
That leaves 12 common cards for each club, so a full set of 216. At 4 per pack, 14,400 x 4/216 gives you 267 sets.
Maybe the 277 is a typo.

1543478629395.png

Holy crap........these turned out worse than i thought they would!

Whoever is giving these ideas needs to go and get themselves checked out!

WOWEEE

I just hacked into $elects files and can exclusively reveal the next rehashed $eries out in time for Easter!

Easter.jpg

Only $20 a pack.......each pack gets a 25th generation version starburst card limited to 99999 and an Easter themed base card "resurrected" from the $elect archives featuring all your favourite Easter themes.

Orders will be available up until 3pm Good Friday and the cards will rise again into your mail box on Easter Sunday morning!

Don't miss this otherwise you will be cross with yourself.

Hop to it lemmings, I mean collectors.......its bound to be THE GREATEST RELEASE EVAAAAAAAA! WOWEEE!

I just hacked into $elects files and can exclusively reveal the next rehashed $eries out in time for Easter!

Easter.jpg

Only $20 a pack.......each pack gets a 25th generation version starburst card limited to 99999 and an Easter themed base card "resurrected" from the $elect archives featuring all your favourite Easter themes.

Orders will be available up until 3pm Good Friday and the cards will rise again into your mail box on Easter Sunday morning!

Don't miss this otherwise you will be cross with yourself.

Hop to it lemmings, I mean collectors.......its bound to be THE GREATEST RELEASE EVAAAAAAAA! WOWEEE!
Matt, that’s a fairly juvenile post. Are you trying to attract members or lose them? I won’t be collecting the cards either but I also won’t use the personal dislike or issue I have with someone to influence my public comments. Come on mate, you’re better than that.

Back
Top Bottom