NEW Scanlens release 2019

Got my Dippa cards today.

44E713A3-6B79-4046-B549-414D2F7F79BC.jpeg

036CD6F3-951B-417F-96E0-A33C9570E200.jpeg
what an awesome signature!!!

Now I’ve got the cards in hand I’ll give a couple of quick thoughts. Really awesome card stock used, and the finish is nice and clean. The card centring is quite poor as you can see, it’s pretty obvious, and the backs are a little plain. Numbering would have been better foil stamped. The signature card is a nice addition to my Hawks PC. Probably not quite worth the asking price based on these few points but liking the idea. Open to buying more of the same in the future if things improve slightly.

I choose both 😆
Go the HarvTime cards if you have to pick just one set.
True, I do like trying to collect everything and anything but do like he look of the Harv time cards. I’m a big fan of Rif, not so much the other parties involved with scanlens.

The Mercuri auto and the Misiti base beg to differ! LOL ;)
Matt, what are your thoughts on this series? Seems pretty cool that we as collectors have heaps of options for cards and different players, but at the same time, hard to support some of the parties involved when they were more than happy to have a go at similar companies out there, but now change their tune when $ are involved?

Matt, what are your thoughts on this series? Seems pretty cool that we as collectors have heaps of options for cards and different players, but at the same time, hard to support some of the parties involved when they were more than happy to have a go at similar companies out there, but now change their tune when $ are involved?

I think the comment that comes to mind is that there is no greater interest than self interest, especially when there is money involved.

I am all for competition, and I think most people would be happy if there is some choice in the market place.

I guess the thing that annoys me the most is the execution of some of these releases.......some do them well and take the time and effort to create a great product and some rush things and you end up with a sub standard release.

The concept of these Scanlens cards is sound, I just think the execution is slightly lacking (design, finish, images, certification etc)......thats my honest opinion but hey if you love the cards and are happy to add a signature card of your favourite player/team to your collection..... go for it!

Hey Matt what about the Harv Time cards - your thoughts..

I think these have found themselves a niche within the market and seem to be popular with a lot of people which is good.

Am I personally a fan of caricature cards? Probably not, but I understand the appeal of them and the popularity of them with people that like Harv time' sketches etc.

Back
Top Bottom