New Perth Wildcats Trading Cards COLES/JDRF

Thanks for the comments guys, appreciate it. Would love to do more series of these but will wait and see.

Your design work for other sports in great too. Love the Castro design for Perth Glory on your website.
Would be great if Glory did a card release as part of its 20 year celebration this year - current players, legends, etc
image.png

Your design work for other sports in great too. Love the Castro design for Perth Glory on your website.
Would be great if Glory did a card release as part of its 20 year celebration this year - current players, legends, etc
image.png
Probably a licensing issue with the Tap n Play cards.

I went in today to grab some cards and the lady asked me if I was friends with the Wildcats as well? not sure why haha
She also wanted to rip the tops off the cards so they could put them on the wall. I wanted them in tact so she had to call a manager :rolleyes:
I do hope they are selling well.

I went in today to grab some cards and the lady asked me if I was friends with the Wildcats as well? not sure why haha
She also wanted to rip the tops off the cards so they could put them on the wall. I wanted them in tact so she had to call a manager :rolleyes:
I do hope they are selling well.

Yep, found that some of the stores wanted to rip the top off, but I guess they are just following the rules.

I did notice that there are 6 different "Type 1 Facts" on the top section of the card, as per image below.

image.jpeg

Of course if they didn't rip the top bit off, there might be some collectors who might want to collect a complete set of each 'fact' for a player, or a complete set of a particular fact. :whistle:

A terrible disease and imo keeping the 'fact' on the card does drive the message home. But also understand they want to display the commitment to the cause in-store.

For anyone collecting these cards, Perth Wildcats and JDRF have tweeted that today (Mon 21/11) and tomorrow (Tues 22/11) are the last days to get these cards in Coles supermarkets.

image.png

Just to end note this thread...the following news article from the Wildcats...

FEATURED NEWS / DECEMBER 7TH, 2016
RED ARMY STORIES: JDRF
The Perth Wildcats are very pleased to reveal its recent campaign with Coles has seen it raise over $76,141 for JDRF!

JDRF is the leading global organisation funding type 1 diabetes research.

The campaign saw exclusive Perth Wildcats collector cards available at all Coles stores across WA in exchange for a $2 donation to JDRF.

Wildcats caps and Wilbur dolls were also available with proceeds going to the charity.

Over the month-long campaign, over 36,000 playing cards were purchased!

In addition to the money raised, the campaign raised significant awareness for JDRF and the disease which has such a profound effect on the lives of many Australians and their families.

The Perth Wildcats would like to thank the Red Army for its unbelievable support of this very important charity.

Just to end note this thread...the following news article from the Wildcats...

FEATURED NEWS / DECEMBER 7TH, 2016
RED ARMY STORIES: JDRF
The Perth Wildcats are very pleased to reveal its recent campaign with Coles has seen it raise over $76,141 for JDRF!

JDRF is the leading global organisation funding type 1 diabetes research.

The campaign saw exclusive Perth Wildcats collector cards available at all Coles stores across WA in exchange for a $2 donation to JDRF.

Wildcats caps and Wilbur dolls were also available with proceeds going to the charity.

Over the month-long campaign, over 36,000 playing cards were purchased!

In addition to the money raised, the campaign raised significant awareness for JDRF and the disease which has such a profound effect on the lives of many Australians and their families.

The Perth Wildcats would like to thank the Red Army for its unbelievable support of this very important charity.
So happy to hear that :)

The Perth Wildcats have announced they will be releasing player cards again for this season (2017/18), in partnership with Coles WA to raise funds for JDRF Australia, as follows:

"Starting Wednesday 1 November, you’ll be able to donate to JDRF at every Coles store in Western Australia, and for every $2 donation made you’ll receive an exclusive Perth Wildcats player card.

There’s 13 in total to collect – one for every Perth Wildcats player plus a special one commemorating the 2017 championship-winning side and a special Bryce Cotton Grand Final MVP card!

The promotion runs from Wednesday 1 November to Tuesday 14 November."

Full details at http://www.wildcats.com.au/news/article/35748-wildcats-coles-team-type-1-diabetes

Note: If you access that link on a PC, the new article will bring up an image of Greg Hire & the card design, but to read the actual article you need to move the black square at the top right hand side (under the banner) as that is the scroll bar. Bit of an odd web design.

Definitely worth trying to get a set early if you collect all things Wildcats. After the last lot released they seemed to just vanish. Glad I got a pair of the Ennis ones when I could. These look a lot better too.

Back
Top Bottom