New Perth Wildcats Trading Cards COLES/JDRF

Awesome, thanks mate, much appreciated!

So who were the MVP's in the missing years (1989, 2000, 2003, 2004, 2005)?

Pretty sure they were:

1989: Tiny Pinder
2000: Paul Rogers
2003: Rob Feaster
2004: Rashad Tucker
2005: Rosell Ellis

Great job on the checklist lads. I went to my local and they had a couple of little bundles. I asked very politely if could grab a James Ennis and ended up getting 2 so I was well pleased. Won't chase the set, but it is a great idea for a great cause. Dunno how to store them though as they look the same size as I remember Jam Session cards being. I know you can take the top tab off but I won't be doing that :thumbsup:

Yeah I'm not going for the whole set either. My son wants some of the current Wildcats and I will collect the legends (mainly Grace, Crawford, Vlahov).

Have a few of these 5x7 Top Loaders that will do the job for now.
scan0001.jpg

Yeah I'm not going for the whole set either. My son wants some of the current Wildcats and I will collect the legends (mainly Grace, Crawford, Vlahov).
The Crawford MVP looks awesome, I will most likely do the same - Grab a few of the older players. There's gotta be a Black Pearl - You cannot have a set like this without Cal Bruton...Surely. If there's no Cal Bruton, well ... that sucks. Furthermore, if there's no Cal Bruton and there IS a Trevor Torrance...I will eat spinach only, for 1 week.
*Disclaimer - There must be no Cal Bruton AND must be a Trevor Torrance. If there's Cal and no Trev or neither - No dice.
images

Last edited:
upload_2016-10-25_19-35-33.jpeg

GREATNESS PERSONIFIED ....
TT Says "You're Laughing...Well where's YOUR sports card??"
<Sips baby cino>

Great job on the checklist lads. I went to my local and they had a couple of little bundles. I asked very politely if could grab a James Ennis and ended up getting 2 so I was well pleased.....

The staff at Coles I have dealt with have been great - happy to let me rummage thru the piles under their watchful eyes.:cautious:
Although I would image they might start to get a little tired of this release as time goes on.

Most of the Coles staff I have dealt with have been awesome too. Unfortunately mixed with 2 or 3 who wouldn't let me look through the cards myself and a few who have no idea what they are or that they even cost money.

I think it would be alot easier to just have the whole lot at the service desk, rather than split between each check out.

Have now managed to complete the set - thanks to @BruzDB for hunting down the Ricky Grace Captains card for me. =D>

Another oddity that just struck me is the reference on the "player" cards to the 2015/16 season. We are now in the 2016/17 season, and some of those players didn't play for the Wildcats last season.

I have also done up a slightly fancier version of the checklist (attached), and have sent it through to the Wildcats & JDRF. It might help them if they get queries about the cards, and I have also asked if there are any cards numbered #26 - #29.

Attachments

• PERTH WILDCATS_JDRF_Checklist_Cards.pdf
    261.3 KB · Views: 151
went to Ocean Keys Coles today they had no idea what i was talking about...

Had the same thing at the Hillarys store yesterday.

The best ones NoR are Beldon, Whitfords City & Joondalup which had them at (or near) the service desks. At Wanneroo they were at the various checkouts which was a bit of a nightmare.

Have now managed to complete the set - thanks to @BruzDB for hunting down the Ricky Grace Captains card for me. =D>

No probs mate. Glad we could help each other :thumbsup:

Another oddity that just struck me is the reference on the "player" cards to the 2015/16 season. We are now in the 2016/17 season, and some of those players didn't play for the Wildcats last season.

Haha I hadn't even thought about that.

I wonder who designed them. With the numbering being doubled up, incorrect year printed on them and a few club MVP's not having cards, it seems a bit like a missed opportunity. I would have also preferred a current team and club legends set, rather than Captain's and MVP's. Cal Bruton needs a card, as does Eric Watterson and maybe Trevor Torrance.

I wonder who designed them. With the numbering being doubled up, incorrect year printed on them and a few club MVP's not having cards, it seems a bit like a missed opportunity. I would have also preferred a current team and club legends set, rather than Captain's and MVP's. Cal Bruton needs a card, as does Eric Watterson and maybe Trevor Torrance.

I reckon the design is great for these cards. I have a feeling they were done internally within the Wildcats as the images look like photos they have used before or have as stock. I believe their graphics/design area has seen some changes over recent times with staff movement, so there might have been some continuity issues.

The news article did reference a "legends" component to the release - but maybe you are only a legend if you are a WiLdcats MVP :)haha.

Agree, former stars like Carl Bruton should have got a gig, but I guess it's always about balancing the set size and what will appeal to the kids of today so as to fork out some coin for a donation - as opposed to us oldies who still remember the glory days of 20+ years ago! Carl who???

Of course the news article also referenced the non-inclusion of new signing Andre Ingram in the release. After today's shock news of his departure, maybe there was something in that at the time. :(

Hey guys,

I actually was the designer for these cards (former full-time employee of the Wildcats but now freelancer) - accomplished a childhood dream in seeing my own designs in stores!

In relation to the numbering - yes a big mix up there, as I put the set together before any imports were signed. Since leaving the 'Cats the imports were added by another designer and the numbering got mixed up.

Considering getting these cards re-printed without the tabs on the top and with proper numbering, and could potentially get multiple sets printed for you guys and sell them at cost. I'd have to ask the Wildcats for permission first though but just seeing if there's any interest here first.

Glad to see this community enjoying the cards. Feel free to check out my instagram @sportsimageryau

Hey guys,

I actually was the designer for these cards (former full-time employee of the Wildcats but now freelancer) - accomplished a childhood dream in seeing my own designs in stores!

In relation to the numbering - yes a big mix up there, as I put the set together before any imports were signed. Since leaving the 'Cats the imports were added by another designer and the numbering got mixed up.

Considering getting these cards re-printed without the tabs on the top and with proper numbering, and could potentially get multiple sets printed for you guys and sell them at cost. I'd have to ask the Wildcats for permission first though but just seeing if there's any interest here first.

Glad to see this community enjoying the cards. Feel free to check out my instagram @sportsimageryau

Thanks for the posts Michael providing the clarification. :thumbsup:

IMO the designs are top notch, and it's great to have a release of Wildcats cards.

Hopefully this becomes a regular thing and PWC use your skills to design the cards.

Maybe any possible re-release might include the re-activation of Jaron Johnson. Hopefully not as a 'Terminator' theme that the Wildcats just used in their latest Twitter posting...oh dear!!!

image.jpeg

Hey guys,

Awesome mate, well done on the designs, these cards look awesome.

The numbering is a minor issue really and it's just great to have some NBL cards to collect again. Would love to see a legends set produced.

Hey guys,

Mate world class design worthy of going head to head with the top card makers overseas

Back
Top Bottom