OzCardTrader
Real Name
Vince
eBay User
soccercardsrock
COMC User
vmassara
Hi all

Long time lurker here, but thought I'd sign up and get more involved in the conversation.

Mainly a soccer guy, as that's my sport of choice, and have been a part of the hobby for a few years. However, I've collected AFL cards off and on since I was a kid so have a massive soft spot for that too. Over the past year or so, I've been getting more into older AFL, and that's been awesome.

Welcome!
im not into AFL much, I’m into older/vintage graded NBA - have you collected much graded AFL and if so, is there a generally more trusted brand? Like in NBA it’s PSA or SGC I guess for older cards but just curious with other sports particularly Australian stuff.

Welcome!
im not into AFL much, I’m into older/vintage graded NBA - have you collected much graded AFL and if so, is there a generally more trusted brand? Like in NBA it’s PSA or SGC I guess for older cards but just curious with other sports particularly Australian stuff.
I have a little bit when it comes to graded AFL - I sent some stuff into SGC and they graded. I think graded AFL is pretty slow-moving. I know PSAhave all the select sets though.

I honestly think CGA should become more of a player in graded Aussie rules - the buyers and sellers are all here, and an American grader wouldn't know what AFL is, let alone the cards. Always feels off giving cards to graders that don't know the sets.

For example, in soccer, because there are so many sets out there from all over Europe a fair few counterfeit stickers have been produced and graded by BGS - one sticker in particular. Graders don't know the sets, so it's hard to pick counterfeits. We're obviously nowhere near there being the money to really making counterfeits worth it, but some older VFL cards creep up there in price.

I have a little bit when it comes to graded AFL - I sent some stuff into SGC and they graded. I think graded AFL is pretty slow-moving. I know PSAhave all the select sets though.

I honestly think CGA should become more of a player in graded Aussie rules - the buyers and sellers are all here, and an American grader wouldn't know what AFL is, let alone the cards. Always feels off giving cards to graders that don't know the sets.

For example, in soccer, because there are so many sets out there from all over Europe a fair few counterfeit stickers have been produced and graded by BGS - one sticker in particular. Graders don't know the sets, so it's hard to pick counterfeits. We're obviously nowhere near there being the money to really making counterfeits worth it, but some older VFL cards creep up there in price.

interesting! Makes sense though having a reputable AUS grading company do AFL, seems like so many new ones started during the last 2 years that it’s harder and harder for people to pick who to use.

Back
Top Bottom