Need an NRL team to support

thePACisback

I Hoard Horford
Real Name
George (Call me Gee)
COMC User
No1CavsFan
Alright! So I'm from Melbourne, and I'm not a huge rugby fan.
But next year, I will be. To cut a long story short, I'm moving to Sydney next year for my job, a job that'll see me travelling around NSW/ACT selling sh*t to people and promoting a company. The company said that as part of my package, I can get home tickets to every game of practically whichever NSW/ACT team I want.
So here I am, a 29 year old business professional from Melbourne who's never been into the Storm, going to some team's home games for all of next year and beyond. Which team do I pick? I don't wanna come off as like a bandwagon of a team, a few legends and star players would be chill, I don't care too much about the class of a team, and the stadium/atmosphere means a bit to me
I know theres a big rugby league following on here so I figured somebody could help. So, long story short, find me a team. Cheerios

I'll be living in Pyrmont (no idea where that is or what it's like, close to the CBD I think though) but I will spend a fair bit of time on the road, including about a month in total all of next year in Canberra, if that helps

I'll be living in Pyrmont (no idea where that is or what it's like, close to the CBD I think though) but I will spend a fair bit of time on the road, including about a month in total all of next year in Canberra, if that helps
Pyrmont is in the Sydney Roosters domain. If you value fan engagement, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Newcastle Knights are the best. Bulldogs are very good as well and will be on the ascendency soon enough. All the other teams are OK, although I hear Canberra are pretty good. Roosters, Eels are also good. Sharks, Manly, West are not as good.

In terms of atmosphere/fans, I am really not a fan of the Penrith Panthers fan base, found them very toxic at the Penrith, Bulldogs match. I would expect Canberra, Parramatta, Wests, Newcastle to have very good crowds at games.

Here are a couple of thoughts.......
  • Going on your name.....I would think St "George" would be a good fit for you.......a very proud history prior to 2010
  • If you still have all your teeth the that would rule Souths out for you i'm afraid.
  • You could become the Roosters 12th fan if you started following them?
  • Parramatta has a nice new stadium but it generally doesn't get much use past late August.......unless its for the A League.
  • The Wests Tigers have about 12 home grounds so would get to see a lot of Sydney following them.
  • The Bulldogs are known as the family club.....because you spend most of your time with them instead of going to, or watching the games.
  • Manly you will need a Hazmat suit to watch the games on the hill.
  • The Sharks means you have to go to the shire.
And finally....... if you want to feel all the emotions of failure, frustration, disappointment, unhappiness and resentment sprinkled with a little bit of hope..........follow Penrith.

Good luck with your choice!

Cheers
Matt

• Going on your name.....I would think St "George" would be a good fit for you.......a very proud history prior to 2010
  • If you still have all your teeth the that would rule Souths out for you i'm afraid.
  • Parramatta has a nice new stadium but it generally doesn't get much use past late August.......unless its for the A League.
  • The Wests Tigers have about 12 home grounds so would get to see a lot of Sydney following them.
  • The Bulldogs are known as the family club.....because you spend most of your time with them instead of going to, or watching the games.
And finally....... if you want to feel all the emotions of failure, frustration, disappointment, unhappiness and resentment sprinkled with a little bit of hope..........follow Penrith.

Cheers
Matt

Or just forget all them and follow a real team.

Some damn good responses here!

The main ones I'm thinking of are the Raiders and the Dragons. A few guys at my workplace are Manly fans but they seem kinda wack lol
Thanks guys

Go to Henson Park and Support the Newtown Jets, or the North Sydney Bears at North Sydney Oval. It’s NSW Cup but you’ll get a real sense of what the fabric of Rugby League is!

Great reply. I'd go the latter because it's such a picturesque place with oodles of history.

And you're right about getting a feel for the game at a lower level. Nothing better than standing close to the action and hearing the hits.

P.S
South Sydney is the team.

Cheers
Matt

Don’t forget to add to the Sharks , we are a elite club!

Alright! So I'm from Melbourne, and I'm not a huge rugby fan.
But next year, I will be. To cut a long story short, I'm moving to Sydney next year for my job, a job that'll see me travelling around NSW/ACT selling sh*t to people and promoting a company. The company said that as part of my package, I can get home tickets to every game of practically whichever NSW/ACT team I want.
So here I am, a 29 year old business professional from Melbourne who's never been into the Storm, going to some team's home games for all of next year and beyond. Which team do I pick? I don't wanna come off as like a bandwagon of a team, a few legends and star players would be chill, I don't care too much about the class of a team, and the stadium/atmosphere means a bit to me
I know theres a big rugby league following on here so I figured somebody could help. So, long story short, find me a team. Cheerios

If you want to be part of an elite club, that is The Sharks.
Coming to the shire, is coming to a great area. Unfortunately we will be playing away a few games and playing a few home games out of Kogarah.
As I said before, we are elite, and dragons our younger brother is now understanding this.

I suggest three clubs that you should avoid.

1. Manly - everyone hates them
2. Rorters ( Roosters) - rort the cap, only a few fans
3. Dragons - they are the merge .

If you don’t like Cronulla, you can support Newtown Jets, though in the end you support the sharks as Newtown are our Reserve Team

I left this alone as it was to tempting to be negative about the 15 other teams.
Surely it has to be;

G supporting the Red V

Cheers
Ross

Back
Top Bottom