NBA Live 2007 v's NBA 2K7

mattyj

Multi-Player Collector
Real Name
Matty
Hey All,

thought i'd start up a thread on this as im deffinately going to buy one of these released just not sure which 1 as yet :confused:

Firstly, does anyone know of an AUSTRALIAN release date for them yet? I asked in at EB Games but they had no idea, infact the woman asked me if they were rugby games #-o Idiocy

Ive been a fan of Live since the first release (Live 95) and even had a few of the releases before that, Bulls vs Blazers and Showdown 94...Have also owned a few copies of the NBA 2K series (03 and 05)...Im starting to get a bit sick of EA's games coz they dont seem to be trying anymore and the 2K games are catching, if not, have caught them...biggest problem is, they dont release on PC, i have a PS2 but still prefer to play on PC, easier to print stats =P~ :lol:

So yeh...any ideas when they are coming out? any ideas if live 07 is going to be worth the upgrade?

Cheers

Mat

I asked in EB Games about a week ago and one guy told me Live 07 should be out early October. I've seen some videos and screenshots and it looks pretty flash.
The number one reason I buy Live year after year is obviously for the new draft class and updated rosters, even though I usually reorder rosters myself to match nba.com rosters before I start playing.
I had 2K5 or 6, can't remember, but I didn't like the controls and traded it away..

2k5 was dope once you get used to the controls. I prefer the 2ks over the lives because it seems a little more realistic PLUS i got alley oops sussed and theres nothing better than dunking over your mates with an alleyoop in traffic :)

yeah everybody seems to playing on speed and cocaine on live, i like it a bit more controlled, in the 2k style. Maybe thats cos im a spurs fan lol. also i love trading and the 2k's are very trade friendly, even zeke thomas could make a sensible trade on that

yeah that is cheap... just "draft" one from the legends rosters, wilt, russell, robinson and young shaq, who else do you need lol

i just like the set up, how you get a feel if they are keen, if only i had one of those on the missus, id be laughing lol

Live should be out around the 20-something-th this month in the US. We usually see it here around early-mid Oct.

2K Sports usually have theirs out a tad before I think, but havent read anything yet.

I've just gone thru recently and re-ordered all the rosters to suit current rosters (minus the players not there).

Still can't believe Smush Parker wasnt on Live 06.... WTF!!

Well after to Pc version of live 06 was released over here i was forced to transfer to 2K6 on my PS2. Ive had previous Live games on PS2 and thuoght id try a change.

I do like the game play on 2K6, so if i get a xbox 360 i wont know what on to pick lol.

ima live man though and through. nba live 05 is a classic. don't think as much of 06, but still nba live 07 for me

man i dunno why some of you like live 05.......i thought the game play was crap....06 was pretty good.......but ive found myself playing heaps of live 04 of late....i think the game play is soooo much better...more my style. i hope 07 will be good though....as for the 2k games...ive got 2k3....and i thought it was pretty shit.....are any of the other 2k games any good? (im talkin about ps2 here)

actually fired up my ps2 tonight before real stories. Got playing 2k6, contining my season (23-19). I smashed the Philly 76ers!!! Ai got hurt for em. Im now sitting in as the 8th seed in the East with Orlando Magic as my team.

That's the way!!

It's great to see you're not 42-0 Wins. Some people play those games on the easiest settings!

I started a new season about a week ago, spent a few hours getting the rosters all worked up to date (according to them now) with some player acceptions not being there (I did have to create Smush Parker tho, cos he's not on Live 06).

Played a Fantasty Roster with the Mavs, can't member who I've got, but I got beat in the first game by 8.

That's the way!!

It's great to see you're not 42-0 Wins. Some people play those games on the easiest settings!

Yeah agreed i started out taking the cheapies like having 12min quarters with lebron scoring 200+ plus twenty assists twenty steals but found the game was way more enjoyable played properly. The only think about 2k6 i didnt like was that there was no full authority mode like in 2k5 which was a good way to play as well. Plus when my eight year old son beat me by TWENTY#-o the other day sucked as well:)

hehe awesome if you have a season going on let us know, i like to read about how peoples franchises are going!!!

I play mine on the hardest level to keep the game more realistic. I always have trouble stopping the bigger name players though lol.

the only thing thats bad about live 05 is that if you have shaq you can beat anyone even on superstar, you can back anyone down with ease then just dunk it its too easy

I played a season as the Heat a couple of months back and Shaq was injured after taking a charge by Chris Paul. He was out for almost 20 games, what a pussy #-o

i know what you mean i did a franchise with the t-wolves and kevin garnett missed 7 weeks with a broken finger

Back
Top Bottom