vortex007

OzCardTrader
Real Name
mark
hi have just found my old scanlens rugby league card collection
what is the best way to find out a bit more about them
as I collected them with my brother in the early seventy's
and collected for five years so have quite a few

First thing,welcome to ozcard.Take some photo,s of your cards and show the members what you have.Im certan they will be able to help you.There are a lot of very knowledgeable collectors of nrl cards on this site.Hope you can find all the information you need.☺

approximately 8000 cards mostly scanlens
some other obscure stacks of cards I don't even remember collecting

MVIMG_20200629_202234.jpg

MVIMG_20200629_202531.jpg

MVIMG_20200629_202537.jpg

MVIMG_20200629_202809.jpg

MVIMG_20200629_202813.jpg

MVIMG_20200629_202820.jpg

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forum! And Perth-based too!

Wow, great old collection still in the (really big) shoe box!

Here's a quick link for the league cards so you can figure out which cards are from which year (there are others);

https://www.gamedaytradingcards.com/scanlens-rugby-league.html
You have other cards which also have value.

Condition is a big thing though, so if you plan on keeping them, head into Al's Cards in Perth and get some quality card storage - either hard plastic boxes or folders and 9-pocket ultra-pro sleeves. Step one, rubber bands are a big no-no - carefully ditch them.

One word of advice, reject any and all offers until you are up to speed with the values of cards from each of the earlier series (some teams are more sought after, some players command premiums) and how condition (eg even a slightly worn corner) affects value. eg, if you have any unpeeled 1974 stickers, you could be looking at $200+ each, depending upon teams.

Welcome back to the world of footy cards - it has changed a LOT!

Regards
Mike

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forum! And Perth-based too!

Wow, great old collection still in the (really big) shoe box!

Here's a quick link for the league cards so you can figure out which cards are from which year (there are others);

https://www.gamedaytradingcards.com/scanlens-rugby-league.html
You have other cards which also have value.

Condition is a big thing though, so if you plan on keeping them, head into Al's Cards in Perth and get some quality card storage - either hard plastic boxes or folders and 9-pocket ultra-pro sleeves. Step one, rubber bands are a big no-no - carefully ditch them.

One word of advice, reject any and all offers until you are up to speed with the values of cards from each of the earlier series (some teams are more sought after, some players command premiums) and how condition (eg even a slightly worn corner) affects value. eg, if you have any unpeeled 1974 stickers, you could be looking at $200+ each, depending upon teams.

Welcome back to the world of footy cards - it has changed a LOT!

Regards
Mike
As mike has said.
Are you looking to sell this wonderful array of cards, if so I would be interested in a lot of them, even the kungfu cards.

Back
Top Bottom