UFC MMA Discussion (spoilers)

I used to enjoy his antics when he was a great talker. Now its the same old "I'm rich/You're poor" shtick with the occasional contrived brain snap.

He's an action fighter though, and holds two belts so you can't argue against his achievements.

Thought his coach already has him ducking Khabib :D

found out via facebook liking the UFC page, im flying down myself Thursday arvo from sydney so hopefully there is some sort of chance along with the weigh ins etc before the fights

I would die for something Miesha Tate signed likewise. I will also pay what you want.
I wish I could be there also but a 4 week old boy denied that... lol

im going but im working tomorrow and wont make it to the hotel in time by the time my flight lands. if i see her at the weigh ins ill do my best

Welp sounds like whoever set Tate's media schedule today dropped the ball, as she got caught in Melbourne's Friday night traffic and was late to the gig.

Was there for 45mins, and then stuck around beyond her scheduled time, but that hasn't stopped some salty pricks from abusing her on twitter.

Last edited:
Brunson gets murked :). Ended up pretty good card mostly, dan kelly was sweet. Managed to get around to melb city v wellington live atm

20161127_164308.jpg

Kinda felt like Whittaker saved this event from ending on a flat note. Kelly and Pedro were bright spots, Nguyen getting Lui Kang'd when he went to touche gloves was hilarious, glad he won in the end.

-------------------------------------------------------

God this organisation is a s*** show some times.

So Cormier is injured, again, and out of UFC 206.

Mousasi and Kennedy offered to step in and fight Rumble, but Rumble wants to wait for his title fight.

So Pettis v Holloway has been elevated to the main event, where they'll fight for the Interim Featherweight title.

Wait what's that you say? You through Aldo already held the Interim title?

Guess again. Conor has "relinquished" (not stripped, we never said stripped) the Featherweight title, automatically elevating Aldo to Champion.

Right now, the WWE belts feel like they hold more value than some UFC belts.

if cerrone wins by knockout, valerie will have cost me a 1,500 multi from 20

Well UFC 151 got some resolution today

for those interested supposedly Jones came in at 238 v Hendo at 207

full results

• Jon Jones def. Dan Henderson by arm-triangle in 6:39
  • Miesha Tate def. Jessica Eye on escape time in OT
  • Jeff Monson def. Warren Brooks by neck crank in OT
  • Joe Baize def. Shaun Kiatvongcharoen by heel hook at 0:30
  • Kyra Batara def. Rita Lynne Gribben by escape time in OT
  • John Diggins def. KC Thompson by kneebar in 0:59
  • Ben Egli def. Devin Roan by kneebar in 5:12
  • Matt Howell def. Josh Bennett by escape time in OT
  • Lee Flores def. Brad Pole by rear-naked choke in OT
  • Alex Le def. Robert Wolfe by kimura in 0:41
  • Sam Robinson def. Katie Ericson by armbar in 2:16
  • Jeffery Pelton def. Marques Daniels by escape time in OT
  • Phill Schwartz def. Gus Bessa by rear-naked choke in OT
  • Kyle Ellsworth def. Rick Bell by rear-naked choke in OT
  • Andrew Alexander def. Tyree Freshner by heel hook in 0:41
  • Kevin Hughes def. Mike Currier by kneebar in 4:04
  • Chris Folsom def. Jose Rodriguez by escape time in OT
  • Stryder Davis def. Niko Hughes by escape time in OT
  • Nicholas Maximov def. Chris Bauer by armbar in 5:06
  • Chris Martin def. Charles Batey by heel hook in 2:29

And for the rules

The matches will use modified Eddie Bravo Invitational rules, which Sonnen considers to be the best grappling rule set on the planet.

For 8 minutes, a competitor can win only by scoring a submission. If there are no submissions, the match moves to an overtime period. The winner of a coin flip can elect to start the overtime period attacking from the back or from the "spiderweb" (arm bar) position. If one competitor scores a submission and his opponent does not, he is declared the winner. But if both competitors escape from submission attempts, the match moves to the next overtime round. After three overtime rounds, the competitor who escaped the quickest is declared the winner.

The event also will use a cage instead of a standard grappling mat to ensure the safety of the competitors involved by preventing them from tumbling from a raised platform or mat.

Back
Top Bottom