Mick Ennis!

Thats pathetic. Although I feel like this is the where the AFL was about 20 years ago (when I still followed the actual game and not just collected the cards) I remember being at a Western Bulldogs game and 95% of the players were fantastic, we were even invited into the club rooms, had cards laid out all over the floor and players actually came up to us and asked if we needed anything signed, it was fantastic! However there was 1 or 2 of the "bigger name" players that avoided us and wouldn't sign anything and one in particular was arrogant and when we asked him so sign something, he wouldn't, was rude and then had a go at one of the trainers for letting us in. I remember leaving the game myself devastated that I didn't get his signature and I only went to a handful of matches after this. Unfortunately those players just don't seem to understand that they are role models and how high kids put them on pedestals and the impact when they find out that player is actually not a very nice person.

Thats pathetic. Although I feel like this is the where the AFL was about 20 years ago (when I still followed the actual game and not just collected the cards) I remember being at a Western Bulldogs game and 95% of the players were fantastic, we were even invited into the club rooms, had cards laid out all over the floor and players actually came up to us and asked if we needed anything signed, it was fantastic! However there was 1 or 2 of the "bigger name" players that avoided us and wouldn't sign anything and one in particular was arrogant and when we asked him so sign something, he wouldn't, was rude and then had a go at one of the trainers for letting us in. I remember leaving the game myself devastated that I didn't get his signature and I only went to a handful of matches after this. Unfortunately those players just don't seem to understand that they are role models and how high kids put them on pedestals and the impact when they find out that player is actually not a very nice person.
that wasn't Jason Akermanis by any chance was it.

Tony Liberatore?

I guess 99% would never be able to appreciate the pressures placed upon a elite player who after a game in which that person may have had either a poor performance or a less than great rapport with the ref and then deciding to try and wait until they thought that all the back slappers, hanger on's and autograph hounds have left and thought it was safe for them to leave the confines of their special area comes a rabid 10 year old needy autograph seeking hound, god help us, what has the world come to when some of our Superstars are that precious that they can't oblige a child's wishes, but at least Gal has come out and denied it was him, it must have been a Fifita!.

Only just jumped aboard on this Mick Ennis thing. What a wanker! Does anyone know his full name?

dunno his name, i think its actually michael.

i do know that Hayne flew in today and that im all but certain if you watched the news tonight he wouldve been there waiting for him hahaha

Timely bump about Ennis.

Got this email from Sydney Thunder today - I know it's not NRL, but I think it relates.

Interesting times. I feel for real sig hunters - many I know off this site - who swap and trade and try to fill sets. Soon, I think if you're over the age of 12, you'll be stuffed in general, though there are opportunities to get them. But fan days and so forth will become harder to get sigs (esp as clubs try to get more members, who'll show up on a members appreciation day) at training, before and after games and in general.

Good afternoon Members,

As I write we are coming into the business end of the season, with both our men’s and women’s team a real chance to feature in the Finals. We wish them luck in their upcoming games.

We’ve been overwhelmed by the amazing surge in support we’ve enjoyed this season with membership, attendances and TV audiences all at record levels.

A bi product of this support is that our traditional Members function, now known at the AMF Thunderdome, has grown from 100 Members attending in BBL01 to around 600 Members per game this year.

As a result, the function has evolved from a chance to have an informal chat to players into a formal autograph signing session.

We are currently struggling with meeting the balance between allowing all Members, particularly children, the opportunity to meet their favourite player with the players’ post game requirements of coaching debriefs, physio, ice baths etc.

Consequently, we are proposing to introduce a few measures for our remaining two games to ensure the function runs a bit more smoothly.

- Any Member wishing to receive an autograph will be given a number, we’ll call up groups at a time to ensure there isn’t a crush around the players, and that children don’t miss out
- We respectfully ask that people have one item signed to ensure that everyone has a chance to meet a player
- Please give priority to children at all times

We are committed to giving our Members a great match day experience and I’d love to hear from you if you have any ideas about how we could make the AMF Thunderdome even better. You can me email at [email protected] with AMF Thunderdome in the subject line.

I look forward to seeing you after the match.

Regards,

Nick Cummins
General Manager
Sydney Thunder

The Raiders had an old boys reunion tonight and guess who was there...

I saw him give Lincoln Withers what looked like about 20 cards as well as big piles to other players.

Oh gee... on his ebay page when he does photos of players signing the items, you can see how many there were. Did Lincoln sign all?

Back
Top Bottom