Matt signs with Brisbane Roar

Re: Matt makes AUSTRALIAN selection-Boy makes dad proud

Thats great news mate. I hope he gets some good game time on the tour.

Great news mate, hope he does well over there :thumbsup:

Amazing news Michael, well deserved by Matt. Congrats to you and Matt. :)

kool bananas, i wish him luck

ace e was asking about an update..

After the South American tour he has been on a tour to Vietnam and then to China for the Asian Cup. Everyone might know the team made the finals but went down, unfortunately. Was a very close match. But the result did not matter in the long term story of things. By qualifying for the final Australia gains automatic entry into the U19 World Cup this year to be held in Columbia.. We are hoping he once again gets a call up.

Bit of a story after the final in China..

Matt will throw his gloves into the crowd when they get to a point of degradation. He threw one glove and it went straight into the crowd but when he threw the second one the glove had a bit of boomerang to it and it started to veer into one of those tunnels where players enter the field of play. This one spectator not wanting to let a prize go launched himself at the glove and got it but Matt is still not sure how he never fell into the tunnel with how far from the wall it was when he caught the glove.. Plus this the tournament I got my Tommy Oar signed Aussie jersey :D

Man that is gr8 news, did he play as starting keeper or was it rotational? He is definitely living the dream - all the best and a few more regular updates and pics wont hurt either LOL.

Re: Matt gets A-League medal

Another paragraph for Matt's resume..

A-League Grandfinal WINNERS 2011.

Matt is on the team sheet and warms up at every home game..

Here is his Champions medal and the Grandfinal printing on his goalkeeper shirt.

A-Leaguemedal.jpg

A-Leagueshirt.jpg

BEST GAME EVER....

Thats excellent,Well done Matt.

just found this and thought id throw my congrats in aswell. especially for making it into champman last year!
one question. on his profile page it says last season he played 1 match for 90mins, but didnt start?! mistake?
well done on your a-league medal aswell...

Damn that is awesome, well done to Matt and Dad, tell him he already has a small fan base here and the get practicing on a great auto :thumbsup:

congrats but im so devo as a mariners fan, only we couldve lost 2 - 0 up with 7 mins to go.

well done to him.

Now that he has made it AUS wise. Try to get him noticed by some english team.

They will pay for his schooling, pay him a wage etc.. just to play football. I know one guy who made it as a goalkeeper when he was 14 he went there.

Top Job, well done Matt and Dad, i used to play State for W.A., till i broke my back, and that ended that, so i can fully appreciate how hard he's had to work, throw in a little luck and a truck load of talent, and then to get seen, so far he's tickin all the right boxes, i hope he goes all the way, WELL DONE and now i've got kids myself, i know how hard Dads worked to get him there, let alone the time and $$$$$ put in, sounds like your investment ( Mrs luvs when i call the kids that, NOT ) are starting to pay off BIG TIME :D :thumbsup: :worthy: :D

Hi everyone. Time for another update.

U-20 World Cup 2011 in Columbia

Matt received his jersey yesterday in a presentation in Sydney at a function at the Mecure Sydney. My wife and I went down to see the presentation. Both very proud of his selection. I will try an attach a pic of the team..

U20-TeamSydney.jpg

While on the plane on the way home we saw the footage on Fox Sports News. If you look close in the footage you can see me twice :D

Be sure to watch the games on SBS if you get the chance. 1st,4th, and 7th August.. About 7.45am I think.

Back
Top Bottom