Matt signs with Brisbane Roar

Re: Aug-09 UPDATE-Boy makes dad proud

I saw the first half on the game.
He was on the bench and I saw him.

And the commentators said he was a great young goalkeeper.

Wish I could say I saw him. But I never. No pay TV.
We were getting commentary via sms though. Apparently Liam injured himself and the camera went straight onto Matt.

You must be proud mate :D

I sure am.

Just showed it on channel 7 news here in Melb. Talked about it being one of the greatest games ever (3-3), they also said that all the goals were of the highest quality, so a fair wrap if he got on, no mention of him, unfortunately as a keeper the only footage they showed(for both teams) was as the ball sailed into the back of the net.

For those in Melbourne Matt will be down next week for a Sunday game. Unsure if he is in the starting lineup as yet. Will let you know when I do. Anyone with a big lens is welcome to send through photos.

Sun 4, 2:00 PM Melbourne Victory FC Veneto Club

Re: Oct-09 UPDATE-Boy makes dad proud

Matt is on the bench for the Roar match this afternoon, 17-10-2009. He is there all ready and we are about to go..

No game time last night.. And he is in Football Manager from a year ago. Not sure on the new edition, if there is one.

Matt headed off to Adelaide today to sit on the bench for the main game tomorrow night (6-11-09).

He got told a few days back he is 4th goalkeeper for Australia in the Under19's at present. They only take 3 away on trips. But he keeps his head up and continues trying.

Re: March 2010 UPDATE-Boy makes dad proud

March 2010

We went to the Roar end of year dinner last night. Matt and another boy won Youth Player of the year. Been a tough season for the team. Very happy to see him go up to get the award.

Congrats on the award. You must be very proud!

That's awesome, you must be one really proud parent:D

Re: Matt makes AUSTRALIAN selection-Boy makes dad proud

Update 31-3-2010

Qantas Young Socceroos Squad List
Paraguay and Argentina Tour
3-19 April 2010

Matthew ACTON (gk) (Brisbane Roar)

Matt is now officially in the Young Socceroos squad to travel to Argentina and Paraguay. Two games are played against each nations U20 side.

Congrats again!!!!!

Fantastic news,Well done Matt.

Update 31-3-2010

Qantas Young Socceroos Squad List
Paraguay and Argentina Tour
3-19 April 2010

Matthew ACTON (gk) (Brisbane Roar)

Matt is now officially in the Young Socceroos squad to travel to Argentina and Paraguay. Two games are played against each nations U20 side.

wow! he just gets better :)

HOLY Crap!!! Congratulation to you and your family!! You guys must be stoked!!

Back
Top Bottom