Luka Doncic Rookie Prizm prices in 5 years

remind me of Bitcoin.

I get what you are saying, but Bitcoin not the best example.

The best investment of the last decade was Bitcoin and nothing else is close.

If you're talking about the slew of alt-coins, then fair enough. Though I think that is being harsh.

His prices have already come off a bit from their highs. A surge in popularity is nothing new, his prices went to a very high mark for lots of diff reasons but the two main things are 1) his level of play which is setting records and is not comparable to jennings, MCW, tyreke etc and 2) the surge of new comers into the hobby.

I think his prices have prob maxed out for now, but we'll see another surge if he explodes in the playoffs and/or if he wins MVP's and Titles.

To follow on from bubble talk, FOTL Origins ($120) went on sale might night WST last night on Panini direct, 2,000 odd boxes sold out in 40 seconds with a 2 box cap per transaction, couldn't even process from AUS, bot buying is rife I read in the US forums. Product on Ebay 10 mins later at double to triple the price!

To follow on from bubble talk, FOTL Origins ($120) went on sale might night WST last night on Panini direct, 2,000 odd boxes sold out in 40 seconds with a 2 box cap per transaction, couldn't even process from AUS, bot buying is rife I read in the US forums. Product on Ebay 10 mins later at double to triple the price!

I cant understand why people were complaining about the Panini auction. It seems that's the best work around for this problem.

I cant understand why people were complaining about the Panini auction. It seems that's the best work around for this problem.
Agree, if it was an auction last night I might have had a chance to buy product at the price I was happy to pay, this other way is a bit silly, i.e. to sell out a product in 40 seconds globally.

It appears that the prices for Luka currently are based on him doing this ( performing at an elite level)year in year out for the next few years. If he were to get injured, or have a prolonged slump in form, there would be some serious pull back on his prices. Having said that, I don't believe his Prizm RC will ever go below $50 again. He's shown enough already to suggest he may well be the heir apparent to LeBron. If he wins MVP's and titles, his cards still have plenty of upside. I currently have 20 watchers on an Ebay listing for a base Prizm! Luka fever.

Last edited:
Choo choo! 🚂

I haven't been in the monetary value part of card collecting very long, but Luca and Zion remind me of Bitcoin.

The whole prospecting component of the hobby has similarities to Bitcoin. It's driven primarily by FOMO. Cards are way better than bitcoin, though.

I get what you are saying, but Bitcoin not the best example.

The best investment of the last decade was Bitcoin and nothing else is close.

If you're talking about the slew of alt-coins, then fair enough. Though I think that is being harsh.

His prices have already come off a bit from their highs. A surge in popularity is nothing new, his prices went to a very high mark for lots of diff reasons but the two main things are 1) his level of play which is setting records and is not comparable to jennings, MCW, tyreke etc and 2) the surge of new comers into the hobby.

I think his prices have prob maxed out for now, but we'll see another surge if he explodes in the playoffs and/or if he wins MVP's and Titles.

I hope my post didnt imply I think of him as being in the same talent range of those 3, more so that the hype catching up and prices picking up steam this season was more likely due to him proving himself as legit as oppsed to other 2nd year players, like the 3 mention, who had shown flashes in their rookie season but then cooled off in subsequent years. For this reason I could see why prices have jumped so much after being fairly reasonable last season.

I have counted a tonne of luka prizm base rc sold today for in the 70s so I would say that is where the market is at

It will be interesting to see where his Prizm ends up at the end of the year. I can't see it going below $50, even with injury. I can see it climbing into the $100's if he keeps killing it and Mavs make playoffs, etc. Then again, if there is tons of the stuff out there we may not ever see those prices. We shall see. Wish I had bought a silver last year. Damn.

I'm looking on Ebay now and mine is the cheapest at $80. Next best is auction starting at $79 the rest are $120 - $130 or $160 obo.

How do you get the info for the sales?

Back
Top Bottom