Looking for advice, I have roughly 200 unopened packs, not sure if I should continue to open or sell (opened some and got an epic hit)

SpiderFan

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Charles
Hope everyone is well.

Last night I purchased a guys NRL collection, 2 massive tubs full with around 3 folders sitting on top of the tubs. In one of the tubs was around 250 unopened packs, not being able to sleep I thought f it and opened the 50 or so of the 2018 NRL traders. Around 45 packs in I was kicking myself since I wasn't going that well and then boom I hit a Freddy signed legends card. I was super lucky to get that making that round of openings a win, I'm in two minds if I should continue or not. I'm very new too this, not sure what single packs sell for, if there's a demand. Any advise will be appreciated (I'm leaning towards f it, open the lot)

ffbe70ba3e2e53d193dff3b19b301734.png

You'd be lucky to get retail (probably even half retail) for a random loose pack as anyone would assume they were the remnants of searched boxes. Sounds like you got really lucky with the Legends Sig! Personally, unless you can find someone who wants an unopened pack with their collection, I'd just open them.

I'm with Mike, perhaps keep 1 unopened pack per release and open the rest.

Good score on the Freddy

Regards
Ross

You'd be lucky to get retail (probably even half retail) for a random loose pack as anyone would assume they were the remnants of searched boxes. Sounds like you got really lucky with the Legends Sig! Personally, unless you can find someone who wants an unopened pack with their collection, I'd just open them.

I'm with Mike, perhaps keep 1 unopened pack per release and open the rest.

Good score on the Freddy

Regards
Ross

Thanks for the replies, in the collection he had the folders for each release with 2 sealed backs inside so I'm thinking i'll open the packs and keep those sealed.

I've done a bit of NBA breaks and had the same assumption that he could have been buying cases and stopped after getting an amount of hits so I wasn't expecting much until I got the Freddy, with that in mind as you gents have noted I can't expect others to pay retail price based on my word saying I got a nice hit so I'll have some fun in opening them :)

If your not a hard core collector,open the lot.Because if you sell the remaining lot to another person on here and they hit another high end card and show it,you will kick yourself.Your Fitler card is worth around 200.00.So you should be in front already.😊

If your not a hard core collector,open the lot.Because if you sell the remaining lot to another person on here and they hit another high end card and show it,you will kick yourself.Your Fitler card is worth around 200.00.So you should be in front already.😊

Thanks mate, yeah i'm in the process of opening them now :) haha yeah I'm in front already with around 190 packs to open and 3 massive folders to go through and roughly 25 sealed bags of a mix of NRL, baywatch, spiderman and some other sets. I'm meant to be working today but that's not going to happen lol

Have some fun and crack em open

Thanks mate, cracked them open. I'll look to post some pics later, cards are all over the place.

The highlights would be:

- Freddy signed
- Mega Morph Laurie Daley (found it in the box of loose cards I still need to go through)
- Roosters NRL Trader 2019 Premiership Predictor which is also a redemption card, not sure what I get so will need to research that but the team would need to have been in the final to redeem it (Raiders fan here btw so sorta sucks it's their card but i'll take it)
- Billy the kid signed card out of 750 (My man crush)
- Heaps of rare nice looking inserts, cartoonish, 3dish, clear ect

Oh I just re-read the back of the Roosters NRL Predicator card, it needs to be the winner of the GF. That makes looking back at the GF more barrable.

Back
Top Bottom