known error and misprint cards

2007 Invincible Premiership Predictor redeemed enforcer cards All had Champions logo in the top right corner

2008 Select Champions Hazem El Masri Promo card has the AFL champions logo on the back (non promo card does not)

2009 Select Champions Aaron Groom (Heka Nanai pictured)

Does anyone know if there were any correct versions of these issued at all? I havent heard of them but that doesnt mean they arent out there and would be interested.

1996 Travis Norton - both cards 70 & F7 are Travis Norton - he was only 18 in 1995 which is probably when the photos were taken.

I cant guarentee this but i reckon the freshman card is definitely an error. Freshman was 96 series 1 and there was also a norton card in 96 series 2 (so similar time) Pics here for you to judge for yourselves.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Here is another error card
1995 Coca-Cola Classic kangaroos
Ricky Stuart card has Steve Walters image on the reverse.

Corrected card was in release and error card is rare.

Could you post a photo

Don't know how to quote previous so just copied.

I am leaving the country for a week so will post a photo on my return.
Also the 1996 Travis Norton cards - common and Freshman are not Travis Norton.

The common card you have shown is Travis, It is the common card in series 1 ,same series as the Freshman. Card number 70 is the error common card.

I cant guarentee this but i reckon the freshman card is definitely an error. Freshman was 96 series 1 and there was also a norton card in 96 series 2 (so similar time) Pics here for you to judge for yourselves.
I have the 1996 Big League South East Queensland Crushers team poster and it sure does not look like Travis Norton, the only other possibility that i see any similarity, is a player called Jeremy Smith who i believe played only the 2 games that year.

Back
Top Bottom