july 1 tax paying goods overseas for cards

Why would comc charge GST? We're not buying the cards from them and I doubt many of the individual sellers are doing $75,000 a year. Legally, eBay should only be doing it for big sellers, but the have decided to do it for everything. Bet the ATO are loving all the free money. Screw Morrison, he is the biggest big business puppet we've ever had as treasurer

“The new online tax will only be collected from self-declaring overseas retailers with turnovers of more than $75,000 and the Australian Tax Office has no power to punish those beyond the ATO’s jurisdiction,” reports The Sydney Morning Herald. “The tax is designed with the near impossibility of its collection in mind,” RMIT economist Christopher Berg told the newspaper. He added that the most the ATO could do to non-compliant businesses was to slow down the processing of packages at the Australian border."

This is basically an eBay tax now Amazon.com are not selling to Australia

Last edited:
Why would comc charge GST? We're not buying the cards from them and I doubt many of the individual sellers are doing $75,000 a year. Legally, eBay should only be doing it for big sellers, but the have decided to do it for everything. Bet the ATO are loving all the free money. Screw Morrison, he is the biggest big business puppet we've ever had as treasurer

“The new online tax will only be collected from self-declaring overseas retailers with turnovers of more than $75,000 and the Australian Tax Office has no power to punish those beyond the ATO’s jurisdiction,” reports The Sydney Morning Herald. “The tax is designed with the near impossibility of its collection in mind,” RMIT economist Christopher Berg told the newspaper. He added that the most the ATO could do to non-compliant businesses was to slow down the processing of packages at the Australian border."

This is basically an eBay tax now Amazon.com are not selling to Australia
i bought cards from a beckett dealer end of june and come to Australia 1 week later in july i did'nt get charged the gst tax you only get charged using from eBay

It varies from 30c on bulk submissions to $1 I think. International mailbox is $3.60 first card and 60c additional I think. It's all listed on the website, but I think that's right

Hey guys, thought I would double check here. Did you get charged any GST tax on these cards coming in? I've got a big lot sitting in my COMC mailbox at the moment that i'm keen to send back home.

Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom