july 1 tax paying goods overseas for cards

Chaz81

OzCardTrader
Real Name
CIHAN NAZENIN
eBay User
007cihan
attention card collectors as you all know that the government in Australia is starting the tax gst from July 1 2018 when buying goods from overseas especially like cards especially from eBay , amazon etc. I've called eBay this morning i told them i use a u.s address on my eBay account and then when it arrives in that u.s address i get the sender to ship to my address in Australia will i get charged the gst tax they said i won't then i thought to myself this is unbelievable . you only get charged the gst tax if you are using the eBay.com.au website site then get it directly shipped to your residential address in Australia . so i was bit concerned when it arrives in customs Australia hopefully they don't hold the goods saying you didn't pay the gst tax but i think it should be ok ?

If buying from overseas on ebay global shipping they charge more than 10% on import - rip off!

Over 1k you pay direct to custom. Under eBay will collect for you. Sucks but no other ways.
they way i got told from eBay if you are using a u.s address then get then sender to ship to Australia via pay pal payment you won't get charged one of my mates friend works in the tax office they said if doing like this you won't get the gst tax

Can you give me an example how this would work for over 1k stuff say from pwcc
if i was you use a u.s address have you heard of people rob green greenberg and bryan wells they will ship to Australia when using their u.s address then you can ask them what you want for declared value

I am sending over a bunch of cards from my ComC account with a declared value of $695, due in 8 days, will let you guys know what happens and if I have to pay any tax.

I am sending over a bunch of cards from my ComC account with a declared value of $695, due in 8 days, will let you guys know what happens and if I have to pay any tax.
cheers mate. Let us know. The new rules is very costly right now. I'm not buying anything until I can figure this out.

cheers mate. Let us know. The new rules is very costly right now. I'm not buying anything until I can figure this out.
Hey Guys, so I received 14 cards from ComC. Cost me $53USD for priority mail and it arrived in 11 days. The declared value was $709 USD. The package was left at my door, SO DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY ANY TAX!!! :) :)

Hey Guys, so I received 14 cards from ComC. Cost me $53USD for priority mail and it arrived in 11 days. The declared value was $709 USD. The package was left at my door, SO DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY ANY TAX!!! :):)
Nice. I think I will follow your way of doing purchase on eBay overseas. Send to comc first and bulk post home after. $53 for 14 cards is good value especially from USA.👍🏻

Nice. I think I will follow your way of doing purchase on eBay overseas. Send to comc first and bulk post home after. $53 for 14 cards is good value especially from USA.👍🏻
Btw, did you pay any gst?

Hey Guys, so I received 14 cards from ComC. Cost me $53USD for priority mail and it arrived in 11 days. The declared value was $709 USD. The package was left at my door, SO DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY ANY TAX!!! :):)
when did you pay it was it in july

Paid 29th June, received 11th July. Do you think its when you pay and not when you receive?
I also made purchase on the beckett marketplace my order was placed on june 29 was shipped on june 2nd i received on monday no gst tax

Back
Top Bottom