Jarryd Hayne & NFL Cards

I was never that keen anyway.
Now that he's in the "big pond" with the mega-rich he probably wants a slice of the pie while he's got the chance.
In keeping with his $$$ hungry attitude, if I pull a decent parallel I'll flog it off to the highest bidder, just so I can buy more boxes and keep Panini afloat. Poor guys are obviously doing it tough if they couldn't afford Jarryd's asking price. :D

In keeping with his $$$ hungry attitude, if I pull a decent parallel I'll flog it off to the highest bidder, just so I can buy more boxes and keep Panini afloat. Poor guys are obviously doing it tough if they couldn't afford Jarryd's asking price. :D

LOL!

Pretty sure Panini pay an absolute pittance for the Auto's anyway (at least Topps used to, only a few hundred bucks)...that's probably why we end up with so many redemptions, it's not a priority for the players and more of a public service!

But I suppose once you multiply the pittance buy all the stars, players and no names they get to sign, it all has to add up !

LOL!

Pretty sure Panini pay an absolute pittance for the Auto's anyway (at least Topps used to, only a few hundred bucks)...that's probably why we end up with so many redemptions, it's not a priority for the players and more of a public service!

But I suppose once you multiply the pittance buy all the stars, players and no names they get to sign, it all has to add up !

Yeah I think I read somewhere early last year or might have even been 2014 that the majority of players (basically the rookies) get paid around $5 or so per auto.

Yeah, Topps have sold off some of their old signed contracts with players over the years as memorabilia, and from memory I think it was $300-400 for a years worth of signing - and they were the name guys. Divide that by the number of auto's signed and it doesn't come to much per auto... but multiply that by the number of guys signing and I suppose it does cost Topps a pretty sum!

At the same time - the Fijian eagle might want to keep the few nfl fans he has happy... Fair chance they won't remember him next year.

is this his wedding invitation? or a menu cover for his new restaurant?
HpbL4Ct.jpg

They are pretty rare and hard to come by. I have been on the lookout for a couple players and seen none pop up (assuming he is in the set!)

Back
Top Bottom