Jarryd Hayne & NFL Cards

Asking too much money for his John Hancock?
Doesn't bode well for getting him for autos down the track then.
Did he have an exclusive contract with ESP then possibly?

I don't way Panini have set up Contenders is bizarre to me.

Rookie Tickets are #d 101-200. But the checklist features missing #s such as #103, #107, #109 etc (this is all based from the Checklist on Panini's own website http://www.paniniamerica.net/checklists.cfm which has half a dozen #'s missing). So they already removed some players from the checklist that they couldn't get to sign; yet state that as one of the reasons they kept Hayne "as opposed to having a hole in the checklist"?

Also very oddly they have the Rookie Ticket Variations that are randomly numbered #101 - #288. All the cards numbered up to #200 are variations of the normal ticket so the player might have a different pose slightly. Yet the rest numbered from #201 - #288 have no base version, so are not even really "variations". They are the only version...

Finally, thought I would add that previous "No Auto" were originally redemptions that they couldn't fill so they just released the cards with the "No Auto" so set collectors could finish their sets. They were not issued right from release with the "No Auto" within packs.

Anyway that is my rant... :whistle:

Last edited:
With that Panini have stated that the Hayne is a SSP; based on other years SSP means under 25 copies I think it is with SP under 50 copies so the base version should be more uncommon than some of the numbered parallels.

With that Panini have stated that the Hayne is a SSP; based on other years SSP means under 25 copies I think it is with SP under 50 copies so the base version should be more uncommon than some of the numbered parallels.
You beat me to it, these are going to be extremely hard to find. If the "hole in the checklist" argument was sincere then they could have done a much better job with Hayne's card. A token gesture that very few people will get the chance to pull or could afford to buy.

You beat me to it, these are going to be extremely hard to find. If the "hole in the checklist" argument was sincere then they could have done a much better job with Hayne's card. A token gesture that very few people will get the chance to pull or could afford to buy.

Contenders also has some big dollar spenders who love to do the whole set too. In NFL it is right up there with Topps Chrome, so I if the SSP are still under 25 it would not surprise me to see it sell for over a couple hundred even before the Australian market starts throwing money at it.

So what's the price point of a Hayne card from this set?

Hard to say since the Rookie Tickets are normally autographed and only made "No Auto" after the redemption doesn't get filled a year or more later. Knowing Panini, they won't release exact numbers of card quantity either (I think 2013 Contenders is only have cards known as SP and SSP!) I would guess if they are really limited and set builders go after these as well that could really drive the price up, especially the first few to be sold anyway until the competition for the card slowly dwindles down

Jarryd Hayne

RC Championship Ticket Variation Non-Auto

Card #271

49ers

Print run: 23

Jarryd Hayne

RC Cracked Ice Ticket Variation Non-Auto

Card #271

49ers

Jarryd Hayne

RC Playoff Ticket Variation Non-Auto

Card #271

49ers

Print run: 49

Jarryd Hayne

RC Super Bowl Ticket Variation Non-Auto

Card #271

49ers

Print run: 1

Jarryd Hayne

RC Ticket Variation Non-Auto

Card #271

49ers

??

Jarryd Hayne

RC Ticket Variation Printing Plates Non-Auto

Card #271

49ers

Print run: 4

Looks like there is no Marcus Peters this year too, who would be one of the front leaders for DROY like Mosley last year.
They've filled in some holes - 109 Marcus Peters, 111 Shane Ray :thumbsup:, 121 Denzel Perryman and a few more.
I gladly feast on Humble Pie.

Jarryd Hayne

RC Championship Ticket Variation Non-Auto

Card #271

49ers

Jarryd Hayne

RC Cracked Ice Ticket Variation Non-Auto

Card #271

49ers

Jarryd Hayne

RC Playoff Ticket Variation Non-Auto

Card #271

49ers

Print run: 49

Jarryd Hayne

RC Super Bowl Ticket Variation Non-Auto

Card #271

49ers

Print run: 1

Jarryd Hayne

RC Ticket Variation Non-Auto

Card #271

49ers

??

Jarryd Hayne

RC Ticket Variation Printing Plates Non-Auto

Card #271

49ers

Print run: 4
Isn't there a /199 version?

I would be interested in this version depending on price

They've filled in some holes - 109 Marcus Peters, 111 Shane Ray :thumbsup:, 121 Denzel Perryman and a few more.
I gladly feast on Humble Pie.

Better pass some of that pie... :oops:

Odd happenings with Contenders this year. Glad to see Cooper (along with Winston and Coleman) have returned their contenders now too.

Guess it's all about getting every single $$$ !!

Heck, even the megastars usually sign some stuff and probably feel it's a way of giving something back to the fans that's really no big deal for them...

Oh well, wasn't too fussed about getting his stuff anyway, maybe pick up a base RC or two, but now I'm even less fussed to be honest...

Back
Top Bottom