Information Please - 1996 NZ Super League

trulycollectables

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Tammy
I have come across a 1996 Super League album by Card Crazy, but it doesn't tell you what cards to put in the folder. There is a space for Marc Ellis (among others), but he doesn't appear in the 1995 or 1996 Superstars of League Series, so it can't be either of those cards - was there perhaps a special set put out by Card Crazy for these folders? Did they give them away at the games?

Any information anyone can provide would be appreciated, TIA

superleague front.jpg

superleague ellis.jpg

superleague inside.jpg

superleague back.jpg

Neither, I had 3 of them, in and out the same day - lucky enough to grab these while I could! Some spaces were filled with 1996 Superstars of League, while others were obviously blank, but no idea what is meant to be there. I have another 10 boxes to go through, maybe there will be further clues?

Neither, I had 3 of them, in and out the same day - lucky enough to grab these while I could! Some spaces were filled with 1996 Superstars of League, while others were obviously blank, but no idea what is meant to be there. I have another 10 boxes to go through, maybe there will be further clues?
Yeah, weird.

I was a twice-weekly visitor to Card Crazy stores in the mid 90s, but strictly for card packets, and singles. They may have escaped my field of relevance at that time.

Yeah, weird.

I was a twice-weekly visitor to Card Crazy stores in the mid 90s, but strictly for card packets, and singles. They may have escaped my field of relevance at that time.
I guess it depended on what you were collecting too. I was in 'direct competition' at that time, I guess you would call it, yet we would also order wholesale directly from them as well, and I don't ever recall this coming up on the order forms, and I don't recall the owners ever mentioning it when that went bust and they started Ineda. I also don't recall any of my other buyers at the time asking about it, and it's missing from my catalogues. Total mystery!

I guess it depended on what you were collecting too. I was in 'direct competition' at that time, I guess you would call it, yet we would also order wholesale directly from them as well, and I don't ever recall this coming up on the order forms, and I don't recall the owners ever mentioning it when that went bust and they started Ineda. I also don't recall any of my other buyers at the time asking about it, and it's missing from my catalogues. Total mystery!
Tammy, if you are interested in sellindg a couple , im interested,
Im also looking for a card number 12 in the 20 game club set.
Dave.

Tammy, if you are interested in sellindg a couple , im interested,
Im also looking for a card number 12 in the 20 game club set.
Dave.
sorry, only got 3 and i've sold them all already, had planned on one going into the local society auction but it didn't make it

I should have spares of the game card, but might take me a wee while to find it. There are all sorts of base from 1989 to 1997 with most inserts, the odd official album, and a lot of in person signed cards on base and inserts that will eventually be up for sale from this lot, then in my stock i already have, i have spares from 1990 to 2021 excluding Glory, some mid-high inserts available too.

I guess I set up a separate sales post for that when I'm sorted - this is my first post I think lol

sorry, only got 3 and i've sold them all already, had planned on one going into the local society auction but it didn't make it

I should have spares of the game card, but might take me a wee while to find it. There are all sorts of base from 1989 to 1997 with most inserts, the odd official album, and a lot of in person signed cards on base and inserts that will eventually be up for sale from this lot, then in my stock i already have, i have spares from 1990 to 2021 excluding Glory, some mid-high inserts available too.

I guess I set up a separate sales post for that when I'm sorted - this is my first post I think lol
Ok thanks Tammy, I am also after some albums and inserts especially any numbered 36 from any set any year. promotional stuff, packets and wrappers and unopened boxes.
Dave.

Back
Top Bottom