I REALLY need someone's help from Taiwan or speaks Mandarin (i believe).

Mr.Gem.Mint

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Aaron
I need a MAJOR card for my set and the seller is located in Taiwan. I am located in Texas. The card is for sale on Yahoo Auctions. To say there is a communication barrier is the understatement of the century. I THINK i emailed him somehow but I'm about 10% confident in that. If you speak, read, or understand Taiwanese/Mandarin, would you PLEASE contact me. If I end up getting the card, I'll even throw in a $20-$25 finders/translators fee for helping me out.

At this point, I don't know where else to turn as every translation site I attempt to use just makes everything even more confusing.

Greatly Appreciated!

Aaron

Last edited:
90% sure, most in Taiwan speak Mandarin, should not be too hard to find someone who speaks Mandarin in Australia.
Thank you for the suggestion. I tried to translate it to Mandarin via Google but it said it didn't recognize the characters. Once I switched it to Taiwanese then more words became visible but still not enough for me to figure out how to contact him. I'm open to any other suggestions and thank you for yours.

Send whatever you need translated to via PM here. I can dabble a bit and if it's too advanced I'm sure I can get it translated for the translators fee without any problems at all.

I believe it's actually a dialect of Mandarin that is spoken in Taiwan - not the mandarin from China that is widely spoken. so .... there might well be some variations that a general translator will not pick up.

Send whatever you need translated to via PM here. I can dabble a bit and if it's too advanced I'm sure I can get it translated for the translators fee without any problems at all.
PM headed your way. Thank you.

I believe it's actually a dialect of Mandarin that is spoken in Taiwan - not the mandarin from China that is widely spoken. so .... there might well be some variations that a general translator will not pick up.
This would be the 5th different language that I've been told is spoken so let's hope it's one of them lol Thank you for your reply.

TRy asking olddascoolgeorge. He's one of the collectors/traders/sellers on here and is from Taiwan.

As to the language, i definitely know that there's over 1000 different dialects of combined of cantonese and mandarin spoken throughout China and its territories.

TRy asking olddascoolgeorge. He's one of the collectors/traders/sellers on here and is from Taiwan.

As to the language, i definitely know that there's over 1000 different dialects of combined of cantonese and mandarin spoken throughout China and its territories.
I just sent him a message. Thank you very much for the heads up.

No problems. I only know about the varying dialects because my ex-fiancee studied chinese in high school (She already spoke her native Rhinisch German, street german, lower german, high german and fluent english) and i knew a guy at my old church who was from Szechuan Province in China.

No problems. I only know about the varying dialects because my ex-fiancee studied chinese in high school (She already spoke her native Rhinisch German, street german, lower german, high german and fluent english) and i knew a guy at my old church who was from Szechuan Province in China.
Great. I'm really hoping he can help me out!

Back
Top Bottom