Hopeless Australia Post

BLOWN8

Such is life!
Real Name
Darren
eBay User
dazza_1563
Just need to vent and have a little rant for a second.

Sent 2 separate express post envelopes to Select on Thursday the 1st, they contained the 2015 Premiership redemptions and self addressed express envelopes, i sent via express knowing Select finished up for the Christmas break on Wednesday so wanted them back before then. Select received them both and mailed them back out on Friday the 2nd, great service. You would think i would get them both on Monday the 5th right? Wrong! One turned up on Wednesday the 7th, that took 3 days for express. The other one was scanned into my local post office on Wednesday but that was the last scanning. I cut them some slack as it is Christmas time and waited until Friday the 9th before i lodged a customer inquiry to try and find the other one which still hadn't showed up and was just showing as scanned/processed at my local post office. Was on the phone for 36mins just to lodge the inquiry, never heard anything back. Jumped on and checked the tracking at about 8:15am today and it has been scanned and delivered all the way back at Terrey Hills NSW at the Select PO Box. Now why it got sent back when it was already at my local post office is beyond me. I called the Aus Post call centre and they can't tell me as to why this happened. Now Select have gone on holidays until after Christmas and my cards, addressed to me, are going to sit in their post box until they get back. And yes i did go into my local post office twice to see if they could help me but none of them wanted to do more than just check the online tracking which i could do anyway. What frustrates me the most is that it was scanned into the post office about 15mins away from me, my inquiry had all my details including phone number and address, but they still sent it back to Select.

Sorry to have a good old vent here but needed to get all this off my chest as I'm pretty angry about the whole thing.

Well I got a jumper numbered redemption in a break on eureka and it was sent to me in the 25th November with priority stamp as efficiently as eureka always do. To date still nothing and looks like I am down a awesome card for my PC!!! Needless to say I am hating on auspost atm. Rang them up and nothing they can do apparently :(

I know your pain @BLOWN8

Overall I think Auspost do a great job most of the time, but when they f*** up - wow!!! It really is fingers in the ears singing la la la.

A while back I had a registered mail item completely disappear off the tracking radar, and despite their 'commitment' to get back to me within x number of days & then constant online enquiries from me asking where it was - nothing!!

Ended up ringing only to be told they were very busy & couldn't respond to matters as quickly as they might like. So after given them a mouthful they agreed to pay compensation for the lost item.

Morale of story - unless you have a tracking ID they don't give a s**t, and even if you do they don't really give a s**t, but at least you have grounds for some form of compensation (hopefully!).

Also a word of warning in terms of express post - there is no requirement on Auspost to get a signature on delivery. They just deliver the item, and no details recorded on when, who or where it is delivered. It could be in the next street (as has also happened to me) but their courier was not at fault apparently, nor did they have any record of when or where it was delivered!

Did I say that Auspost do a great job most of the time....hmmm, let me think about that a bit further! :)

Your right, I've only had a few issues with Aus Post but when they do stuff up it's usually in a big way. Usually the most common issues I've had are items which seem to have been lost as they just didn't turn up, then when I've given up hope it arrives. I guess you use normal regular post at a risk, but when you pay a premium for express you expect a better service. The annoying thing is even though I lodged an inquiry I still haven't received a call from Aus Post to explain what's happened, or even that my item showed up back at the sender.

A registered post one I sent from Tassie to Vic on the 12th of December has just arrived today. Now that's pathetic! Fair to say am having an interesting run with Oz Post lately.

A registered post one I sent from Tassie to Vic on the 12th of December has just arrived today. Now that's pathetic! Fair to say am having an interesting run with Oz Post lately.

I'm still waiting on a Platinum FF sig, that was unfortunately accidentally sent via standard postage. Only mail I haven't received in years.

I'm still waiting on a Platinum FF sig, that was unfortunately accidentally sent via standard postage. Only mail I haven't received in years.

I had cards which never arrived for the first time a few months ago, but can't blame Oz Post as I'm still not convinced they were ever sent. But just the speed lately has been shocking, to the point of me thinking the mail has been lost and then weeks later they arrive. The express one from Select last month still makes me angry when I think of it.

Don't worry mine has still never arrived aswell so not just you!! Absolutely crazy that they get away with it without any responsibility

I recently purchased a card from a member on here. The member has a feedback score lower than 10. I paid for the card (($30 total) to be sent by registered post. He says he has posted the card by registered post by dropping it in a street PO Box when it should of been handed over the counter what I paid for. (Package was posted last Friday)
Have a few questions.
1.Can someone tell me if he should of sent the card first because his feedback is lower than 10?
2. What do Aus Post do with the package since it wasn't Registered over the counter?
3. Appropriate feedback?

Would appreciate your comments.

I recently purchased a card from a member on here. The member has a feedback score lower than 10. I paid for the card (($30 total) to be sent by registered post. He says he has posted the card by registered post by dropping it in a street PO Box when it should of been handed over the counter what I paid for. (Package was posted last Friday)
Have a few questions.
1.Can someone tell me if he should of sent the card first because his feedback is lower than 10?
2. What do Aus Post do with the package since it wasn't Registered over the counter?
3. Appropriate feedback?

1. Yes he should have sent first
2. Nothing. Unless it is scanned in, nothing can be tracked so forget about any claims from AP
3. Depends if you get the card or not

2. Nothing. Unless it is scanned in, nothing can be tracked so forget about any claims from AP

I thought I wouldn't be able to make a claim if it doesn't arrive.
The seller doesn't care either. No apology or anything like that.

The reason I didn't throw the rule book at this member is because I didn't think he'd want to send first before pay. I recently had a different member (who's feedback happened to be below 10) wanting to trade some Future Force AA'S and Team Captains. The trade was all good until I pointed out he had to send first because his feedback was below 10. Result was never heard back end of trade.

Have a few questions.
3. Appropriate feedback?

Have you got a tracking number? I have received cards sent registered post where the tracking number comes up as not being recognised as it hasn't been scanned at a post office, but it still needed to be signed for when it arrived.

Have you got a tracking number? I have received cards sent registered post where the tracking number comes up as not being recognised as it hasn't been scanned at a post office, but it still needed to be signed for when it arrived.
I heard back from the seller today and he said its on board for delivery today. He did send the tracking number last week when he posted it. I'll go track it now on Aus Post website.

Any cards I send to select I always get insurance on the parcels funny thing is they arrive back faster than express parcels
4 days from rural tas to nsw and back is pretty good going for Aus post

Any cards I send to select I always get insurance on the parcels funny thing is they arrive back faster than express parcels
4 days from rural tas to nsw and back is pretty good going for Aus post
Maybe it's a possibility Insurance post is a priority.

Back
Top Bottom