Hip Hop

Howey21

u18's WABL
Real Name
Justin
hey guys,
I find that I'm a little to tired to listen to metal all the time these days. Lately I've been listening to some mos def, common, talib kweli whilst studying and it seems to work great.

just wondering if anyone had any other suggestions.
Not into the gangsta stuff such as the game and 50cent I just want something nice mellow, a little posivite thats good to chill out/study to.

Cheers fellas :thumbsup:

Ahh good ol Lupe,
Kick Push is such an awesome song :).
I have that album but never gave it much of a listen, might go do so now :p.
Cheers for the reminder haha

Each to their own,
If I don't have music then my mind wonders off in hundreds of directions and I just can't focus. I find something with a nice positive beat works really well for me, spesh common, ideal for the situation.

im likin alot of aussie hip hop of late, Hilltop hoods, draft, bliss n eso, koolism and so on but too many of them are like 50 cent in a sence because all they rap about is their life.

but at least its not "im gonna bust a cap up this N****S arse then f*** this N*****" honestly i once counted N****** 21 times in a 50 cent song.

but he doesnt even know what it means.

You're already listening to the best - Mos Def and Common, but if you're after similar mellows sounds, try A Tribe Called Quest and maybe some Warren G.

Ahh good ol Lupe,
Kick Push is such an awesome song :).
I have that album but never gave it much of a listen, might go do so now :p.
Cheers for the reminder haha

because of that line right there i cant trade with you anymore

hahahah

also try The Cool and get a mixtape or 2 of his

I listen to Aussie hip hop mainly Pez, Drapht, 360, Muph and Plutonic, Horrorshow, The Herd, Urthboy, Hermitude and Phrase.

While studying or doing work i think Pez and Horrorshow are good to listen too.

mate hip hop is a close 2nd to my pippens!! i got some albums for you to check out...pm me and ill send u the .rar files, google, download or buy albums from these hip hoppers mate and you wont go wrong

Notorious BIG and Jay Z are the Gods so get all their albums (B.I.G is the GOAT!), Nappy Roots, Wu Tang Clan (Gza's Pro Tools is awesome), Devin The Dude is pretty laid back, any thing by ludacris is alway goodif you want a bit more harder since u listened to metal, check out 2 Pistols, Plies, Black Rob, Onyx will get u pretty heated, check out Corey Gunz, he'll make u do a "what the f*ck" face! super sweet when he gets busy!

some nice mellow stuff u could try Warren G, DJ Quik. Or if u dont like normal gangsta rap u could try something different like ABK, Twiztid, Tech N9ne etc. I love my hip hop but to be honest JT's album isnt back some nice laid back songs with a hip hop flavor.

like your taste!
Cheers mate i also like Hilltops and some Bliss and Eso.

I forgot to mention TZU are pretty good for just chillin out, Seth Sentry has a nice Flo and is far from gangsta (he just released his first EP) and Dialectrix is ok aswell.

Try these "ol skool" underground stuff...Camp Lo, Visionaries, Artifacts, High and Mighty, Aceyalone, Anyone from Living Legends, Natural Resource (hard to find though) and People Under the Stairs just to name a few :)

im liking B.o.B. calls himself bobby ray aswell, very cool artist he's signed with grand hustle(T.I.'s label) but he isnt hardcore or anything very laid back songs

Back
Top Bottom