Hi All

blackwind

Atlanta Hawks
Real Name
Rick
eBay User
blackwind747
Hi All,

I started collecting in the early 90s, but stopped a couple of years later as card stores closed in Australia, making it hard to collect NFL Football and NBA Basketball.

I have just got back from a trip to the US where I dropped into a card store I saw and the feeling came back over me. The fun and anticipation of opening a new packet and wondering what is inside. I ended up buying a box of 2004-05 Basketball SPx. I didnt get a chance to open it till on the plane back home.

I ended up pulling among other things, a Magic Johnson Auto Jersey. This is by far the best card I have ever gotten, and it has now rekindled my interest in the hobby. I plan on collecting Dominique Wilkins as well as breaking the occasional box for a bit of fun.

I hope to be able to contribute to the forums on this site. Its great to see a local Australia web site so that everything doesnt have to go through the US.

I live on the Central Coast in NSW, so once I go through my old sets from the early 90s I hope to get into it all over again.

Cheers

Welcome to the forum mate.Hope ya have a great time.

welcome mate i should be able to help ya out with a few old but nice wilkins

i think we should just have a template saying

"i began in the 90's then it died, and now Im back"

welcome back mate, your journey is much like most!

i think we should just have a template saying

"i began in the 90's then it died, and now Im back"

welcome back mate, your journey is much like most!

Yeah, it does sound like that. It seems to be the theme as I read through the other who have posted here.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I am glad to be back.

Cheers

Nice work on the magic...i would love to see a scan of it!! :)

Oh and welcome to the boards!!

Nice work on the magic...i would love to see a scan of it!! :)

Oh and welcome to the boards!!

I just scanned it last night....

showpic.php

showpic.php

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom