Help

mutley

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Heather Burden
Hi, My husband has collected a bit of NRL stuff over the years. He now has Alzheimer’s and I am now trying to sort everything. The family has decided to sell some of the NRL stuff but we have no idea what any of it is worth or how to sell it. Do any of you have some suggestions please. Thank you

Hi, My husband has collected a bit of NRL stuff over the years. He now has Alzheimer’s and I am now trying to sort everything. The family has decided to sell some of the NRL stuff but we have no idea what any of it is worth or how to sell it. Do any of you have some suggestions please. Thank you
if you have a list of what he has, and or some pics, I may be able to help out.
By the way I collect any special cards numbered 36, will pay market rates or better depending on what cards they are.
I also specialize in real early cards.

if you have a list of what he has, and or some pics, I may be able to help out.
By the way I collect any special cards numbered 36, will pay market rates or better depending on what cards they are.
I also specialize in real early cards.
Thank you for your reply. I haven’t notice any number 36 ones yet but I’ll let you know if I find any. These cards are some of them. The set of six has a letter from Dynamic Marketing saying he won them.

Attachments

• 8FFE1C9D-0C76-4375-A040-408744A5A665.jpeg
    8FFE1C9D-0C76-4375-A040-408744A5A665.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 1C0AD356-8235-41E2-9985-DC313438D210.jpeg
    1C0AD356-8235-41E2-9985-DC313438D210.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 05EAEBED-CEBF-4FDC-8BF4-D2570B8B74ED.jpeg
    05EAEBED-CEBF-4FDC-8BF4-D2570B8B74ED.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 110
  • B07DD06B-C7EC-42C8-84FF-78096999820F.jpeg
    B07DD06B-C7EC-42C8-84FF-78096999820F.jpeg
    145.7 KB · Views: 106
  • A0BF1EC9-4973-4AA9-824C-0A5EC5973D89.jpeg
    A0BF1EC9-4973-4AA9-824C-0A5EC5973D89.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 485247FF-3F4F-4177-AA65-22D7CFEFC6CB.jpeg
    485247FF-3F4F-4177-AA65-22D7CFEFC6CB.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 107
Hi Heather,

Your husband has some nice Dynamic cards there - probably the pick of Dynamic-era cards. Good clear sigs and numbers (not faded) too.

Some approximate values to help when you sell;

The 3-card Renouf set would be ~$300-500
The Lamb and Meninga Gold cards would be $100-200 each, assuming you have the A4 Letter of Authenticity (less without).
The 6-card Meninga/Rookie Sensations set with letter would be $500-750

If you can't find a buyer here, there's always eBay!

Good luck with your sales!

Regards
Mike

@hobo do you know any of the values of the cards to help Heather out

I think Mike has given a pretty good guide. Seeing as there are no St George cards in these sub sets I'm not really sure on recent prices. I have seen the Meninga Gold card sell for $250 with C.O.A.

I think the Renouf would probably sell on the $300 side of the equation these days. Here's alink to a healthy discussion about this card from a few years ao.

https://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/threads/1994-masters-steve-renouf-signature-card-price.198861/
Nice cards and good luck with the sales and please reach out for price advice as there will be someone here willing to give you advice.

Cheers
Ross

I think Mike has given a pretty good guide. Seeing as there are no St George cards in these sub sets I'm not really sure on recent prices. I have seen the Meninga Gold card sell for $250 with C.O.A.

I think the Renouf would probably sell on the $300 side of the equation these days. Here's alink to a healthy discussion about this card from a few years ao.

https://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/threads/1994-masters-steve-renouf-signature-card-price.198861/
Nice cards and good luck with the sales and please reach out for price advice as there will be someone here willing to give you advice.

Cheers
Ross
Have already given some sound advice and prices, have had to sell a few of these in the last few years for some collectors.

Have already given some sound advice and prices, have had to sell a few of these in the last few years for some collectors.
Hey Dave,

Why not share the advice and pricing to the question on the thread so others can gain from your experience? It would obviously help others when looking for the same information in the future?

@mutley I'm not sure if others would agree or not but IMO with your Rookie Sensations set of 6 cards I wouldn't split them up individually unless you were offered say $200 for a card. I say that because not all players and teams have the same collector interest and you may be hard pressed to sell some of them on their own. I think that set is worth probably $600.

Cheers
Ross

Hey Dave,

Why not share the advice and pricing to the question on the thread so others can gain from your experience? It would obviously help others when looking for the same information in the future?

@mutley I'm not sure if others would agree or not but IMO with your Rookie Sensations set of 6 cards I wouldn't split them up individually unless you were offered say $200 for a card. I say that because not all players and teams have the same collector interest and you may be hard pressed to sell some of them on their own. I think that set is worth probably $600.

Cheers
Ross

I agree with not splitting the rookies set. I still need the Mal and Furner for my Raiders PC but I am led to believe there is only one COA for all 6 cards so if you split, some cards in that set will be without.

Hey Dave,

Cheers
Ross
Ross, he pmd me so I gave it to him first hand,
I have listed many of these cards in the past on my sales thread and sold heaps of them over the years.
Have sold a few collectors cards in bulk and individually as well.
Some have sold for more than I estimated and given the person extra money they were not expecting.
Some have not sold, and I am stuck with them until sold, in saying that, I have never asked for any thing in return.
Just helping out.
I have on average about 10 people a month wanting me to give them estimates and values on collections, IT TAKES a lot of time going thru all the numbers and scenarios, ie what numbers, conditions etc.
I only have so many hours before the wife gets shitty on how long I have been on here for.

Back
Top Bottom