Help Needed

sebastian tombs

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Stephen
eBay User
sebastiantombs001
Can anyone give me any info on these cards , it looks like WR Priddy(Bill) did the cartoons. Cards are too mint too have age and most likely are a modern set done with images from the 40s

Donnelly , Martin.jpg

Hadlee , Walter.jpg

Mooney , Frank.jpg

Thanks for that Im starting too think maybe the "artist" drew these for maybe a newspaper or something like that in the 30s 40s 50s and those images have been used in a modern set , the condition is just too good too be from the 60s

Hi All,

I have just finished cataloguing this set for my personal collection and can provide you with the following information.

There are 269 cards in the complete set. They are made up of:

137 (Un-known Artist)
82 (Mickey Durling)
50 (MAC - Stan McMurtrie)

My research indicates that the cartoonists worked for different Newspapers in the UK from the early 1950's onwards. These cards are Mid 1990's re-prints of their sketches. Further research indicates to me that some (possibly all of these) were produced and available in a larger black & white postcard format (date of issue unknown).

@nazimcricket the 137 card listing that London Cigarette Card Co (LCC) has listed on it's website would indicate that the Unknown Artist Set which includes Sir Donald Bradman is what is available from them.

@sebastian tombs there are 8 New Zealand player cards in the set.

Please note that the information above is based on my research. If anybody has any information different to this then please feel free to post your information here. The more information that we as a Cricket Card Community can share with each other the better. It makes it a lot easier for collectors to know what is out there to chase if we all participate.

Yours In Cricket
Chris

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom