Help - 1963 Scanlens Advice

Ryan Jeffcoat

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Ryan
eBay User
burghbandit
Hi there, over the years Ive been collecting the 1963 Scanlens league set.

Initially started with 15 cards that I got from my dad who collected them as a kid.

Earlier this week I purchased card number 1 Brian Hambly from ebay. This card was one of many previously discussed on this forum. See previous link.

https://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/threads/poppys-treasure-63-64-scanlens-more.224788/
When i recieved the card i noted that the size, thickness and overall feel is different to the other 17 cards I have. However the print, ageing and colours look spot on. The sellers story and digitial footprint is also legitimate and consistent.

Is anyone aware if when made in 1963 if it was possible for these cards to look and feel differently, i.e. is it possible that this card has these inconsistencies due to how it was stored and that it was made presumably in a different run.

Any advice would be great. Hes offered a full refund, however its the final card I need in the set and well im not sure after years of searching ill get another.

20200217_142850.jpg

Hi there, over the years Ive been collecting the 1963 Scanlens league set.

Initially started with 15 cards that I got from my dad who collected them as a kid.

Earlier this week I purchased card number 1 Brian Hambly from ebay. This card was one of many previously discussed on this forum. See previous link.

https://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/threads/poppys-treasure-63-64-scanlens-more.224788/
When i recieved the card i noted that the size, thickness and overall feel is different to the other 17 cards I have. However the print, ageing and colours look spot on. The sellers story and digitial footprint is also legitimate and consistent.

Is anyone aware if when made in 1963 if it was possible for these cards to look and feel differently, i.e. is it possible that this card has these inconsistencies due to how it was stored and that it was made presumably in a different run.

Any advice would be great. Hes offered a full refund, however its the final card I need in the set and well im not sure after years of searching ill get another.

20200217_142850.jpg
Ryan, how much thinner do you think it is compared with your others.
just by looking at the pic, you don't generally get a card of that era bowing.
the thickness should be consistant with all cards, the pics can be off to one side or up and down.
Colours can also vary.

Back
Top Bottom