Guernseys

why are player issued, but not worn, guernseys worth more than regular guernseys?

Because they are exactly like the worn jumpers, you will find jumpers from a shop are not true to match worn jumpers. match worn are tighter fitting, have GPS pocket in back of jumper, have subliminated numbers, not just ironed or stitched on. they are a better jumper in my opinion as they are the same as the real deal, just not match worn. And anyone can go and buy a jumper from a shop, player issued are rarer.

Daz has got it spot on!

Player issued is a term, meaning "Issued for the Player to Wear in an AFL match". So it has not been a match used jumper, but it was prepared and issued for X player to wear in X year. It is an onfield jumper, that has not been worn by the player and most likely been stored in the clubs property room as spares/un-used.

These days, it is mandatory for the jumpers to have the GPS pockets, the numbers are built into the material (sublimated) and some clubs may use a different blend of material to make a stretchier/tighter fit.

Some clubs also have watermarks sublimated into the guernsey, most Puma clubs do. West Coast, Hawks, Brisbane to name a few have had their club logo lightly watermarked into the material. Puma also has the size label printed into the neck collar rather than a tag, another feature not found on retails.

In simple, a player issue is identical to a match worn in every aspect, except it was never worn/used by the player. A retail is a mass produced replica.

As above, thats why i only collect match worn or player issue guernsys.
Just makes them rare. Its like a draft card, one being numbered to 50 the other being un-numbered.

These are my Items so far, all PIs and a Match Worn

Chaplin around 2006 PI
IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

Rodger James Slowdown Match Worn
IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

Jarrod Poulton Preseaon around 1999

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

Robbie Gray Away PI 2010

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

2009 one off planet teal designed Marlon Motlop

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

Ive got a Stevie J match worn and signed jumper from round 17 v Essendon for sale if anyone is interested?

There are a lot of these over on BigFooty although most of you possibly post there as well. Here is my current match worn collection minus a few I haven't photographed yet.
Always looking for Crows match worns if people want to sell. Thanks.

Jars
AdelaideJarman00.jpg

Carey
Adelaide2004Carey.jpg

Goodwin
AdelaideGoodwin08.jpg

Thompson
Adelaide2011Thompson.jpg

Tex
Adelaide2010Walker.jpg

Johnno Brown
BrisbaneBrown09.jpg

Fev
Carlton2009Fevola.jpg

Gaz
Geelong2009Ablett.jpg

Bartel
GeelongBartel11.jpg

Stevie J
GeelongJohnson11.jpg

Mav Weller
GoldCoast2011Weller.jpg

Buddy
HawthornFranklin11.jpg

Hodge
HawthornHodge10.jpg

Tredrea
PortAdelaide1999Tredrea.jpg

Wanganeen
PortAdelaide2000Wanganeen.jpg

Nick
StKildaReiwoldt08.jpg

Nic Nat
WestCoast2012Naitanui.jpg

Juddy
WestCoastJudd03.jpg

Cooney
WesternBulldogs2012Cooney.jpg

Some great items in this thread! :)
Im a massive fan of player guernseys/match worn memorabilia.

Got around 25 West Coast Eagles Player Guernseys, some match worn, some signed and the rest are player issued. 10 or so from other clubs.

My top 8 list:

1. Ben Cousins 2003 WCE home match worn jumper
2. Ben Cousins 2007 WCE away match worn jumper
3. Ben Cousins 2009 RICH match worn jumper, boots and shorts
4. Chris Judd 2012 Carlton match worn jumper
5. Match Worn boots Daniel Kerr 2011
6. 2006 Player Issued jumpers (premiership year), Cox Home and Cousins Away
7. Luke Shuey 2012 1992 Anniversary match worn jumper
8. Jack Darling 2012 Player Issued Away jumper

Pictures on my site: http://dpatterz123.wix.com/collection

Always on the look out for new additions, my Eagles/Cousins items are not available, but at times may consider trades for any others..
Hey bud.. you still have your Judd?

Back
Top Bottom