Grand Final predictions

I got none of mine right....... I had Roosters by less than 12 (won by 15) , Teddy MOM (Keary was outstanding - Teddy not too bad) and Cronk not to play (he did).

Thought the Roosters would win......just thought it would be closer.

I got none of mine right....... I had Roosters by less than 12 (won by 15) , Teddy MOM (Keary was outstanding - Teddy not too bad) and Cronk not to play (he did).

Thought the Roosters would win......just thought it would be closer.
Still closer then most lol. Roosters way too good and the storm left their worst game till last ?
Vunivalu was awful

Robinson and Cronk are probably the two most intelligent minds in Rugby League. Their planning and contingencies were faultless. For me, Keary was a very deserved CC winner, Roosters were dominant from the outset and only really fell away for a ten-fifteen minute period of the second half when Munster nearly scored. Unsung hero was Aubussan, such an underrated player but always does his job to a high standard and protected Cronk all night.

I found the booing of Slater to be a bit disrespectful and over the top though. Like or not, magnificent player and arguably the greatest FB in history.
To be honest i wasn't surprised that it occurred as it was people's way of showing their disappointment in the NRL for not enforcing their own laws and disrespecting there own game by doing so, it also didn't help when he took a dive when Keary kicked the field goal.I also don't rate him as the greatest fullback of all because of some of the tactics he has used throughout his career, I still rate him as a great player but he wouldn't have played the amount of games he has if he was rightly suspended for a lot of things he has done, he has just been one of lucky ones not to be called on it. In saying that i don't condone bad sportsmanship but can understand where others are coming from.

To be honest i wasn't surprised that it occurred as it was people's way of showing their disappointment in the NRL for not enforcing their own laws and disrespecting there own game by doing so, it also didn't help when he took a dive when Keary kicked the field goal.I also don't rate him as the greatest fullback of all because of some of the tactics he has used throughout his career, I still rate him as a great player but he wouldn't have played the amount of games he has if he was rightly suspended for a lot of things he has done, he has just been one of lucky ones not to be called on it. In saying that i don't condone bad sportsmanship but can understand where others are coming from.

I don't read to much into the dive on Keary. The correct decision was made, just gamesmanship and trying to get a call your way, similar thing happens across the park at least a dozen times per game. I do agree that Slater is a dirty player and has been lucky with the judiciary but every side has a couple of these players. Off the field he is a monument to the game and his on field playing record is remarkable, well over 150 tries and 150 try assists is huge. He has been lucky to play in some very successful teams at club and rep level but more often than not he has been a standout in these very good teams. I didn't see Langlands or Churchill play and they are obvious benchmarks to the #1 position but I think that better judges than I, current and former players such as Lockyer, JT, Joey have it right when they label him as one of the best of all time.

The NRL didn’t enforce the laws for Waqa Blake, but there was no booing about that. I don’t like Slater, but the carry on from fans has been over the top and quite pathetic. But I guess you become hated when you are one of the best ever and fans want to see you fail. Sad reality of the tall poppy syndrome of Australia.

The NRL didn’t enforce the laws for Waqa Blake, but there was no booing about that. I don’t like Slater, but the carry on from fans has been over the top and quite pathetic. But I guess you become hated when you are one of the best ever and fans want to see you fail. Sad reality of the tall poppy syndrome of Australia.
They used to boo the king ?? I’ve also seen the crowd booing Mayweather in Vegas . It’s almost a compliment lol

They used to boo the king ?? I’ve also seen the crowd booing Mayweather in Vegas . It’s almost a compliment lol
Unless you're Matt Lodge, didnt hear anyone complaining about the booing he got for a few weeks when he came back

Back
Top Bottom