Grading Query

mfcrox

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Steve
Hi, I am tempted to get this graded... but don't want to risk it unless it is grading 9.5 or 10. Thoughts??? I've uploaded a video so as a good look is possible from all angles.

Screenshot_20200304-185101_Video Player.jpg

Video link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h2szrhr63q01fig/20200304_184301.mp4?dl=0

(PS... I know it is not ideal to handle the card, but it is the first time I've touched it in about 8-9yrs)

Its always hard to tell and grading is so subjective even within the same company it looked like in the video a little bit of edge chipping and perhaps a little corner issue on the bottom left.
Also check for surface scratches or marks (finger prints etc.) As usually surface grade is the biggest thing that gets overlooked and can be hard to see unless the cards at the right angle or in the right light etc.
I would say it'd likely be a 8.5 - 9 from what i saw depending on surface (i am no expert though)
I see that youre in Melbourne so it might be worth a trip into see Cherry Collectables they do a great BGS service and would be able to look at it in better detail and give you the likely grade

I don't have an eye for grading but I suspect that even a pro would have a difficult time giving you a definitive answer based on that video.

Cracking card.

See above comment for the way forward

As mentioned above, best option would be to take it into Cherry and have them look over it, they will be able to give you an idea of what it may get if you choose to proceed.

They can help you submit for grading also.

Back
Top Bottom