GRADING CARDS FROM AUSTRALIA

rhinks

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Russell
eBay User
rhinks
Hi All

Anyone got a card graded from Australia? Is it worth it or needed for good cards?

I pulled an Anthony Davis Rookie Auto and was wondering if it would be worth it?

Cheers

Russell

Sorry not a bball fan but on grading I am a firm believer in what Craig at CGA is offering. Here is an image of what I had graded and returned today. Google Card Grading Australia for details.

IMG_1460.JPG

IMG_1460.JPG

I decided to get a a couple of cards graded on the weekend with CGA and am looking forward to seeing how they come back ,

Paul Gallen Future Force, a Leonard Nimoy Transformers Auto and the two parents from the first 3 Transformers Movies, but talking to him i think i will get more done over time!

tak35bne those two autos are amazing!!

what is the international rating for cga? in terms of card value versus getting it graded by say psa or beckett? thanks in advance.

what is the international rating for cga? in terms of card value versus getting it graded by say psa or beckett? thanks in advance.

Been a question I have asked many many times. I believe that you cannot compare PSA to Becketts or CGA as they all grade differently. There is no Australian or International Standard to grading cards, therefor I don't believe you can compare one against another.

Having said that (above) I sent two non-sport promo cards that had previously been graded by BCCG and GMA which were 8 and 8.5. I had them regraded with CGA and they came out in the 78 - 83 range so it seems to be similar.

Will the usa market recognize the aussie grading or one of theirs be better for future resale?

Pretty much no. When selling NBA most will only look at BCCG or PSA.
This is what I was getting at. If you plan to get things graded to enhance the cards value, CGA isn't the best option in this case. Maybe if you want slabbed cards. Hopefully CGA gets some sort of accreditation to at least get some value added to the cards.

craig is the man , a tough grader but i think thats better, ive had over 20 done and this guy is the best,

Im in the same situation. I have heard from craig (his machine is out of action for a few weeks) but really hesitant so will probably send them to PSA. expensive and takes longer but probably worth it long term

Personally i dont think grading is worth it. If i was in it to turn a profit then yes, grading does add cred and a premium to the value. But as a collector i dont need to pay exhorbitant prices to a third party to tell me the condition of my card. I can see that for myself. Slabs also scratch over time and it will cost to reslab. I like a uniform look across my whole collection so one touch for me in a tight sleeve. And if the case gets scratched I can easily and cheaply replace it. I have pretty much busted open every slabbed card i have gotten.

To answer the OP.
Do you need to grade good cards? Depends if you intend to keep or sell. If keeping then that is a personal preference and have provided mine above. If selling then check if the premium attached to the grade and who you go through outweighs the cost of grading.

Back
Top Bottom