Game of Thrones Inflexions

juddcollector

Juddy & UFC collector
Real Name
Ronnie
eBay User
gristar1
So these are coming in March 22 2019 and look like their best release yet. (Copied for site) Autograph Relic Cards, Dual Autograph Cards, Relic Cards, Archive Cut Cards, Character and Scenic Sketch cards, Stamp Cards, Printing Plate Cards, Artifex Metal Expansion Cards and Autograph Cards , limited to 400 cases. Is anyone thinking of getting any?
https://www.scifihobby.com/products/gameofthrones/inflexions/

I pre-ordered 3 boxes a while ago, glad I did as the price has really hiked up since. Looking forward to seeing what it's like...

Think Blowout's about the only place advertising them as available...Sellers are already getting there orders cut massievely, so I'm just hoping I still get my 3 !

Yeah, that's for the China market...apparently GoT is huge over there too.... There's some discussion on it in the Rittenhouse forum...

I wish I'd bought boxes rather than going in the group breaks. The breaks have the potential to be brutal, whereas you will be guaranteed a good hit in each box.

GoT cards are going crazy on Ebay. It will be interesting to see how their values hold over the years. In some ways it is tempting to sell up whilst they are hot. I probably have a good $12k sitting here. I'm not usually a guy that thinks about my cards in financial terms, but that could do a lot for my family.

How do values hold up over time in non-sports?

Yeah, I hear you, but then again the right spot in the draw can get you the case hit, or at least a big name you might miss in boxes !
I know I've got a set of plates, a Maisie auto, a Headey auto and a Daenerys relic at the least from GoT Breaks...but then I suppose I've had to take a few $7 auto's with my $30 spot too...LOL! The sheer number of spots in the Inflexions breaks is a bit intimidating though. We'll need to be lucky!

I hear you on the GoT cards, I finally worked out which actors I need to still get auto's of to reach my "one of every signer" goal and there's a few pricey names in there. I think we'll even see a lot of the lesser known cheap auto's dry up as the unopened product disappears.

Was watching a S1 Daenerys auto this week that finally went for US$1075! That's some serious coin for a card! Like you it makes me think what I could get from selling my stuff. But I look at it as a hobby that brings a lot of enjoyment, and if I sold it off, what am I going to do, start again ? Don't think so... I regret selling off some of the stuff I had before commiting to collecting non-sport. Especially the Tom Hiddleston Dark World Auto/Mem, wish I had that one now seeing he hasn't signed again.

I think the bigger names will hold their value for a good while, but they might drop a little when the series finishes I suppose...

A normal GoT break isn't too bad, but for this I could end up with $60 of cards for a $600 investment! Still super excited though, the early breaks will determine how much I put into it.

I bid on the Daenerys auto - I have the other one...the last few I have seen have been massive now, and the only character I don't have an auto of is Richard Madden, but that is going for crazy money. Harington's are three times as much as they were a year ago.

I've had some sport collections that have devalued to a fraction of their value so a bit wary, but I'm sure we're relatively safe with GoT. I doubt companies will keep churning the cards out like other franchises. I never looked back from selling my sport collection, the family I have enjoyed two new rooms on our house. My struggle has always been to keep collecting contained to a finite genre, which I think I have now accomplished.

Good luck on the boxes - I can't wait to see what you get.

I was looking at a Madden too...very rich. Was lucky pulling a couple of Haringtons from my boxes, and my S1 Daenerys is enough for me. But I still need a Bean, Fairley, Addy and Coster Waldau to name a few bigger ones. Currently I'm at 69% of signers.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing the new product too. And there'll be S8 to come yet as well and who knows what after that ? A super premium set of some kind maybe ? Though if they can't get Clarke to sign, it mightn't be worth the price with so many auto's out there already!

I think non-sport generally holds value better than sport as the careers are usually longer and non-sport has a wider collector base, whereas a lot of sports collectors concentrate on a player or team in a given release.

Yeah, that's for the China market...apparently GoT is huge over there too.... There's some discussion on it in the Rittenhouse forum...
A lot of buyers are now really mad because the international edition was announced after the odds were released and therefore the chances of pulling any type of card have dropped thanks to the addition of 250 extra cases.

A lot of buyers are now really mad because the international edition was announced after the odds were released and therefore the chances of pulling any type of card have dropped thanks to the addition of 250 extra cases.

I think it's more that there are going to be other versions of cards that has some megacollectors a bit upset.

The actual individual card odds haven't been released yet have they? At least not beyond saying you'll get 2 autos per box and 8 dual auto's per case, and that is still the same across the whole product (inc international) so that hasn't changed.

So if we don't know how many of each card has been made, I'm not sure how the odds have changed? If they had have said there were 10 cut auto of Daenerys and then let us know of the extra case, then yeah, I agree, that's a dick move. But for all we know at the moment, there's 20 Daenerys cut autos...or only 3 - we really have no clue off the odds of anything yet.

Geez, even season 6 cards are going crazy - Nathalie Emmanuel Au$100, Maisie $225, Turner $228...

Not a good time to buy!

I hope it comes down enough to fill in the gaps around Inflexions breaks.

Really hanging out for the Inflexions checklist to see who it'll give us a shot at.

I think Turner's stuff is going to skyrocket with the Dark Phoenix movie coming out... I have one of hers but wouldn't mind another... Be cool if they did a Dinklage - Turner dual in Inflexions...

I think it's more that there are going to be other versions of cards that has some megacollectors a bit upset.

The actual individual card odds haven't been released yet have they? At least not beyond saying you'll get 2 autos per box and 8 dual auto's per case, and that is still the same across the whole product (inc international) so that hasn't changed.

So if we don't know how many of each card has been made, I'm not sure how the odds have changed? If they had have said there were 10 cut auto of Daenerys and then let us know of the extra case, then yeah, I agree, that's a d*** move. But for all we know at the moment, there's 20 Daenerys cut autos...or only 3 - we really have no clue off the odds of anything yet.
The odds of pulling a high end card get harder
The thing that makes me most angry is that Character Sketches will only be in the international edition while the hobby boxes will have Scenic sketch cards.
The Differences in the International Edition seem to be:
  • Character Sketch Cards
  • Artifex Metal Cards,#’d to 25
  • Parallel Base Mirror Cards
  • Reflections Character Cards
  • 10-Case Incentive – Red Platinum Edition Parallel Set, #’d to 25
https://gogts.net/rittenhouse-archi...flexions-trading-cards-international-edition/
Here is a good discussion on another forum that I got some info from.
http://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/8177020196/p/3

As far as I am aware the character sketches are still in the original case allocation, and the international will have alternates.

The pull for me is those (fat chance anyway), and the duals. I couldn't care less about a messy cut signature at ridiculous premiums, I'd rather buy their early season FB/Bordered.

It is sad to see RA potentially watering down a product. They have always been the shining beacon in the card world.

Congrats on you blowout spots @man...I got hosed this time around!

Oh, I didn't even know that was happening so soon.

Thanks mate, I'll see how things go, but not sure how hard to go on this one. Sorry to see you are on the lower ends - it is a very high risk break this one. Even with great spots it will be interesting to see how things stack up against market value.

I'm Hoping, I'll get some nice duals in those spots.

Yeah, I didn't do too well at all...hope my boxes compensate...should still get a few auto's though...but just how many Eugene Simon's can one have ??? :lol:

Will be on the hunt for a few favorites though, and the break didn't help so if I don't pull them I'll guess I'll have to chase on ebay. Just hope the prices are realistic...

If it's as good as Valyrian I'd be happy, that was a fun break

So how is everyone feeling about the released checklist... Some great stuff, but over 100 autographs is overkill

I'm glad I'm not in this too much. Surely the price will come down.

Back
Top Bottom