Futera NSL WILD CARD SET

BoondasH1

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Raj
What a wild month, firstly with the Cricket Impact card sets and the Baggio Diamond and a few other bits and pieces I've been able to knock off a major chunk from my wants list. This is the last piece to my Futera puzzle the 1994 Futera NSL Wild Card Set. This set in numbered 99 out of 100. A big thank you to collectablesunited for working out a deal with me for this set, definitely a few years in the making :thumbsup: .

I was fortunate enough to have a long chat with one of the former Directors from Futera Australia recently and he was nice enough to inform me that only 30-40 of these sets were redeemed.

So this leaves me in a nice predicament, after 6 years of searching I have all the Futera Cricket & Soccer cards I was looking for. I'm leaning towards not collecting cards altogether but I know that will be a tad hard. Especially with the new Messi & 2013 Unique releases coming up :whistle:. A blast from the past with some of the names:

P1010413_zpsa18bb347.jpg

P1010414_zps2b1da2ef.jpg

P1010409_zps1c7cb17c.jpg

P1010410_zps8c560198.jpg

P1010411_zps418d7d7c.jpg

P1010412_zps9468b0be.jpg

P1010403_zps754ec205.jpg

P1010404_zpsa6f6668d.jpg

P1010405_zps0350befa.jpg

P1010406_zpsa5a354e5.jpg

P1010407_zps51c1606c.jpg

P1010408_zpsfe40d2c0.jpg

Cheers!

Love it Raj. A vastly under rated set

Cheers Owen :thumbsup: I'm surprised too as to why this is so under rated :crazy:. After all, this is Futera's first soccer release.

Awesome Raj, well done mate. I remember seeing one of the Slaters a while ago, but I've never seen any of the others.

Cheers Luke :thumbsup:, They don't show up as often as they use to.

Very nice card set Raj and extremmely hard to find after nearly 20 years since it was released.

I was always under the assumption that the Wild Card Redemption Set came with the Craig Johnson Legend Signature Card Set.

Thanks for posting the pictures and sharing these brilliant cards.

Very nice card set Raj and extremmely hard to find after nearly 20 years since it was released.

I was always under the assumption that the Wild Card Redemption Set came with the Craig Johnson Legend Signature Card Set.

Thanks for posting the pictures and sharing these brilliant cards.

Thank you William, I'm a big fan of this set too and not only that but this is Futera's first Football release.

In regards to the Craig Johnston Signature card, unfortunately this card never came with the Wild Card Set only the 5 Best of Both Worlds. When I first started collecting this set, I had the same assumption that the Signature cards and Olympic inserts were apart of this set but reading the Futera File and the back of the Wild Card Redemption card, it sated that only the five cards are apart of the set.

20 years on not only is this set hard to find, it's still hard to even find a Craig Johnston signature card, sleeper of a set with many probably not redeemed or tucked away in collections.

Awesome stuff Raj... don't give up the cards :) or are you looking to collect something else?

Cheers Michael :thumbsup:, I'm still undecided as to what I will do. I love collecting cards and memorabilia but if I had to stop completely I wouldn't collect anything else. No purchases made on eBay mad so far :D, but it's gonna be hard with the 2013 Futera Unique release that has a dual jersey of Gerrard/ Fowler & a Maradona jersey card.

Great stuff Raj =D>

Cheers Fellas :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom