Futera Cash Cards & Bradman Legend

bjs127

Cricket card fanatic
Real Name
Brad
eBay User
bjs127
Evening Gents,

First up, I have finally managed to find myself the Red Cash Card from the 1996/97 Futera Decider series!

Common card numbers 28-26 from the 96/97 Decider series make up a great 9 card picture of Shane Warne, and Futera ran a promotion where 1000 #36 cards had a blue "cash card" stamp on the front (and were individually numbered /1000 on the back). They also made 100 cards of card #28 which had a red "cash card" stamp on the front (and individually numbered /100 on the back). If you were able to find both the Red Cash Card and the Blue Cash Card and common cards 29,30,31,32,33,34,35 then you sent them to Futera by 15/12/97 and Futera sent you $500 CASH!!!

The ones that were sent in to Futera were never sent back, and with $500 up for grabs you can imagine noone held off from sending these in so they could keep these cards in their collection! So as a result these cards are extremely hard to find. Although there are 1000 of them, the Blue Cash Card is a very hard card to track down - while the Red Cash Card (#/100) is a ridiculously rare card, especially given virtually all of those pulled from packs before the end of 1997 were sent in to Futera.

Anyway that's enough from me - as always....enjoy the pics!!

And keep scrolling down to see my Don Bradman joy - I paid a slight premium for the Bradman......but you will see from the numbering that it was well worth it!!!

Cash card 1.jpg

Cash card 2.jpg

Cash card 3.jpg

Cash card 4.jpg

Bradman 99 1.jpg

Bradman 99 2.jpg

Damn I dont think I can even comment on your maildays anymore! (But I will try) How do you manage to keep doing it!?!?! I have never seen those cash cards and I think the photo of the numbered Punter is as close as I will get to having it in the PC! The test average numbered Bradman is ok too ;)
Obviously Futera have kept some of the cash cards, but where are the rest?!?! Did they destroy some of them once returned?! Ahh the mysterys of Futera! Thanks for sharing Brad, your knowledge of (and ability to find) the rare futera cricket cards never ceases to amaze! (I'm starting to think you worked for them :p)

i had never heard of these cash cards before reading this, anything numbered is gold in my book :thumbsup: still surprises from futera nearly 12 years since they went bust, love futera for all the old randoms. must be driving you insane though brad :p
awesome work, thanks for sharing.

Wondered what those cash cards looked like (or if they existed). You should be posting your finds in the "What Do The Rare Cricket Cards Look Like" thread. Brad. Lucky I don't know where you live. Superb.

The great man keeps finding these Futera gems :D.
Does that mean you have the master set of the 1993/94?

Slight premium for #99 still sounds like a bargain, surely have the best private cricket card collection in the world........if not, extremely close.

Thanks guys, I love tracking down the rare stuff....and always enjoy sharing the joy on here!!

The Cash Cards are not the most exciting cards in the Futera lineup however the fact that many of you have never seen them helps explain their rarity. They were inserted into both the 4000 First Day Issue boxes and also the Regular Issue boxes (unknown production numbers). Assuming there were around 10,000 boxes all up that makes the Blue Cash Card a 1:400 pack pull and the Red Cash Card a 1:4000 pack find!! And given Futera's notoriety for not including all the inserts in the boxes it is easy to believe that some the only inserts which could be redeemed for cash might have easily been "accidentally on purpose" left out of the final product! Pessimistic view I know, but who really knows - you would think there would be far more of the blue ones turning up than there have been.

In answer to some of your questions:

Liam: I wish I used to work for Futera, but I have been lucky to be referred on to a couple of long time collectors who have been willing to sell off the few remaining cards that I have struggled to track down. Offering above market prices doesn't hurt either!

Daz: I only have a couple more rabbits in the Futera hat before all inserts and autos are accounted for........stay tuned!

Ron: My address is 1 Insert Rd, Futeraville ;)

Raj: Yes the 93/94 Master set is complete, and this red cash card has almost completed the 96/97 Decider master set.......I just need the 2 Michael Bevan distributor cards /50. I know a guy who has them, but he is asking a price that even I won't pay!!

Justin: My Futera collection is 99% complete but there are a lot of people out there with big cigarette card and turn of the century trade card collections that would be worth far far more than my lot. Unfortunately a lot of the biggest and best collections are tucked away and some people don't like others to know exactly what they have, which is a shame if it means people don't get to see the rarest of the rare cards.

Share share share I say!!! :thumbsup:

Hi guys,

I am new to all of this, but just had to comment on these cards, I as a collector of Futera (Aust) & have been collecting for 27yrs now have never seen the red cash cards either.
I am looking to complete my collection and are chasing several high-end cards to finish, when I have a chance I will list the cards I am after to complete it.
Also would like to get in touch with any other Futera(Aust) collectors to share info/stories relating to Futera Aust - as have heard many interesting and varied stories relating to what happened to the futera over run inserts & where alot of the cards ended up etc. as from my ramblings you will see that this is a passion of mine.
I am also looking for any cards(inserts) that any one may have from Card Crazy - the ultimate cards I am chasing from them is a 'Ultra Rare Wedding Card from - the 'Shortland Street' set.
Well if anyone can help me with my search or would just like to share there Futera knowledge this would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Kiwiinvader

Great cards mate. I cant believe you nearly have the complete Futera collection. Crazy stuff. Must look awesome all together.

Hi All

Awhile ago I saw somebody asking about the numbering on some cricket cards ( can't find the post now) but they wanted to know how many different nubered sets were produced - they had a photo showing some cards with 3 different numbering on them, 1 of the cards was numbered 0000 of 2500 from memory.
Well I think I can shead some light on this matter for them as I was involved with the printing/numbering of all the cards produced by Futera & some of the Dynamic Marketing Cards.
the card that was numbered '0000' - should have been destroyed after the printing run as when the cards are printed the numbering system counts down from 2500 - 0000.
All cards nubered '0000' are then removed leaving the cards numbered - 2500 - 0001.
Hope this help answer the question & if anyone out there does have any cards numbered '0000' then they are certainly in my understanding quite a rare find. Having said that, we all know that there was alot of strange things happening within Futera Aust! (having seen alot first hand).

I was assured by the guy who worked at Futura (the guy I bought the Lara 0000 from) that there was only one 0000 card.
You might have seen me posting the card in more than one place...

Back
Top Bottom