Found my childhood collection

Michael_Cards_2_Sell

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Michael
Hi there,

My name's Michael. I recently found my old childhood card collection stored away in the bottom of the cupboard with old photos from back in the day. I'm in my late 30s now and the cards must date back to the early/mid 1990s. They're a mix of so many different types (various sports such as cricket, nrl, basketball and basically anything I could spend my last few bucks on when I was a teen, also cartoon and fantasy, and who knows what else is in there, I think even these little round things called Tazo). There must be thousands of cards in my old collection. For some reason I kept some in a folder, some in individual cases (hard and soft cases), and some in boxes. The only thing I can remember about them is that one of the basketball cards was sent to me from Pensilvania after I sent another lucky-card to the company. I remember at the time one of the books valued that card at $90, so maybe its still got some value, or it could now be absolutely worthless hahaha! I also remember some of the other cards were valued at up to $30 at the time. I don't really care too much about the value to be honest, unless I'm sitting on a goldmine, and then I'll sell them asap hahaha! But if they're not worth much at all I'm happy to keep them as a childhood memory. I would just love to know a little bit more about what I've got here because it kind of seems like yesterday when I was a raging card addicted kid. Anyway, I live in Mt Gravatt East, Brisbane. If anyone can please recommend a way to have an expert check them out for me, I'd be grateful.

Regards,

Michael

Mate, best way is to just post picks of the ones you believe/remember were the good one on this site and someone's bound to let you know whether they're good or not. Either that or just look the card up on E-Bay. Unfortunately, due to the mass-production that was the 1990's a lot of the stuff that was big back then now isn't worth as much ... that and the fickleness of the hobby in general.

Mate, best way is to just post picks of the ones you believe/remember were the good one on this site and someone's bound to let you know whether they're good or not. Either that or just look the card up on E-Bay. Unfortunately, due to the mass-production that was the 1990's a lot of the stuff that was big back then now isn't worth as much ... that and the fickleness of the hobby in general.

Thanks for your reply mate. I think I'll have to take photos of them (e.g. 10 cards in each photo) every now and then and post them up here. Cheers for your heads-up.

Hi mate,

I live at Kuraby which is no more than 10-15 minutes away.

I am happy to try and help you with the value of any NRL or cricket cards if you like.

Cheers
That would be awesome mate! Thank you very much for the offer. I'll pull them out again and take a closer look at what I've got sometime this week and will be in touch. Again, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom