former 90's Upper Deck collector

sreg0r

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Alex
eBay User
uberauctions007
Was big into collecting NBA cards back in the mid-90's during primary school. Since moving house I've re-discovered my collection of mainly 93-94 Upper Deck that has been untouched for almost 20 years now (wow that makes me feel old!). Still have my very humble Olajuwon collection (mainly base) but I'm tentatively dipping my toe back in. Also found I had some AFL cards and some other junk (Batman and Jurrassic Park, what was I thinking?)

A lot seems to have changed in that time as they don't appear to make Upper Deck, Topps or Fleer cards any more and now you get autographed cards in the pack! and bits of jerseys :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm off to find that Hakeem auto card for my 10 year old self, maybe some LA Lights while I'm at it ;)

Welcome mate, you'll. Be surprised a few people will be after you for those batman and Jurassic park cards
Yeah the basketball game has changed massively through the years, defiantly cool to pull auto and jersey cards
i was much the same i collected as a kid and now loving the hobby again, upper deck is still around the now own the fleer name, :

welcome back mate! i think you will find alot of people share a similiar story to yours, myself included! if you need any help finishing 90s base sets let me know ive got heaps of doubles!

Welcome Alex, good to see more and more people getting that hobby itch after so long out the game. Well done, and what better place to come!

You should scan up some of your Dream PC and share them with us, I'd be keen on having a look, used to collect Olajuwon back in the day too, but parted with that PC many years ago.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, unfortunately all I seem to have found in my collection is base which I'm still trying to sort through. Got my eye on a Hakeem RC and any nice auto cards, luckily his cards don't cost quite as much as the MJ's, Kobe's et al.

Welcome to the site Alex :) .... As someone already said, you will find alot of people with the same sort of story as you :) .... My hubby and I are pretty much the same you; we both collected as kids .... Unlike you however when we restarted earlier this year we had to start from scratch; as Hubby lost his in a house fire and I left mine at my mums for safe keeping, but when I went for them they were no longer there and no one knows what happened to them .... We both collect NRL cards :)

Back
Top Bottom