first Shane warne card

freddy63

OzCardTrader
Real Name
mark
eBay User
reyn6369
There is a Shane Warne 'rookie' card on ebay for about 700. its from the futera 1993 series, I cant see how it can be this price, plus I don't think it is his rookie card, does anybody have any idea which is his first card issue, thats my understanding of a rookie card, many thanks Mark,

Hi Mark,

The card you refer to above is NOT his Rookie (first ever) Card. His first card that I am aware of was the one below. It was released in 1992 as part of the VCA release.

Cheers
Chris

Shane Keith Warne.jpg

wow, it was at 26 pounds odd last time I looked, that's got to be a record. There will be a few people looking through there sets now, WISH I HAD A FEW,

Last edited:
I personally think it is really important that we resist the predominantly American speculators that are leading the interest in the 'rookie card' phenomenon in non-US sports and even in non-sports. Keep the cards in the hands of people who appreciate the sports and the players.

They are doing a lot of damage to the hobby. For the most part the average joe loses when speculators come into it. In many areas collectors can't even buy boxes at retail anymore, they have to through speculators who buy then flip at a profit, often holding much of it back. In my neck of the woods that is scalping.

COVID made card collecting very difficult for average joe.

Last edited:
yes, you only have to look on ebay with the graded cards, another con I think, when one company grades a fake card, shows they are only after the cash, have a look at the Warne card on ebay, starting at 700,

Back
Top Bottom