Finishing the 2019-20 NBA season ----- **SPOILERS**

Lakers do not look impressive at all...

Agreed. They are all kinds of out of whack.

AD was flopping all over the place 1st half, trying to draw contact. 2nd half he was way more aggressive..

Bron was big though. Rondo might be able to give them something. I think they'll get it together.

Clearly from the start of the series Morris has just been sent out to agitate Doncic and the Mavs in general — and it worked in game one, getting Porzingis ejected.

However, when you actually try and hurt someone when the ball isn't even in play it is bloody low.

All games suspended due to player strike.

always been a big fan of the NBA and never been more proud of them for leading the way.

Last edited:
NEW YORK -- The NBA and the National Basketball Players Association today announced that in light of the Milwaukee Bucks’ decision to not take the floor today for Game 5 against the Orlando Magic, today’s three games – Bucks vs. Magic, Houston Rockets vs. Oklahoma City Thunder and Los Angeles Lakers vs. Portland Trail Blazers - have been postponed. Game 5 of each series will be rescheduled.

NEW YORK -- The NBA and the National Basketball Players Association today announced that in light of the Milwaukee Bucks’ decision to not take the floor today for Game 5 against the Orlando Magic, today’s three games – Bucks vs. Magic, Houston Rockets vs. Oklahoma City Thunder and Los Angeles Lakers vs. Portland Trail Blazers - have been postponed. Game 5 of each series will be rescheduled.

See to me that's not really making a statement is it?.

The only reason they're rescheduling is because HOU and OKC are tied 2-2..

They're not exactly giving up much. If you're gonna protest, actually give up something.

See to me that's not really making a statement is it?.

The only reason they're rescheduling is because HOU and OKC are tied 2-2..

They're not exactly giving up much. If you're gonna protest, actually give up something.

one step at a time, they are having ahuge meeting with all bubble players today.

they won’t be getting paid for the rest of the season if they stop so I’d say that’s giving up a lot.
and they’ll also influence the other leagues, as seen with the season stoppage at coronavirus

one step at a time, they are having ahuge meeting with all bubble players today.

they won’t be getting paid for the rest of the season if they stop so I’d say that’s giving up a lot.
and they’ll also influence the other leagues, as seen with the season stoppage at coronavirus

I doubt they give up on the season.

And I doubt they won't get paid. The best players hold a lot of power. Without them their is no League and the owners of each team would lose a helluva lot of value in their franchises if they piss the players off. The stars are irreplaceable.

Good on them for taking a stand for what they believe and feel strongly about. Everyone should.

Sadly we are such a racist world now I don't know how much difference broad sweeping gestures like this help. It is up to every individual person to make a conscious change.

Having said that, I am divided on this issue.

1) I have no tolerance for people who can not live within society's laws.
2) I have no tolerance for people who are too stupid to do what a police officer tells them. You don't have to like the officer, you don't have to agree with the officer but you should damn well listen to them and obey them. If said officer is pointing a gun at you even more so. Should they shoot you? Hell no. Should you listen to them? I would suggest yes.

It just saddens me so much that society has reached a stage where police officers need to carry guns to begin with.

An interesting (well I found it interesting) aside on race;

My then 4-year-old daughter and her 5-year-old cousin were playing with a couple of mermaid dolls. One was dark skinned and dark haired the other pale skinned and red haired.

I heard my daughter say "my doll is different to yours" and immediately thought "hmm, wonder where this is going".

So, I asked "Georgia, how is your doll different?"

She looked at me like I was a moron and said. "It has different clothes, Daddy."

Fair enough. I asked "is there anything else different about them?"

After a few seconds here cousin piped up "they have different colour hair."

Both then looked at me to see if I had any other stupid questions then went on playing.

So, as a species we do not even see different colour skin. It is something we all learn at some stage of our lives and then for some reason catagorise ourselves by it sadly.

Anyway I will leave it at that before I get political.

Here is hoping the NBA players' actions can achieve positive change.

I doubt they give up on the season.

And I doubt they won't get paid. The best players hold a lot of power. Without them their is no League and the owners of each team would lose a helluva lot of value in their franchises if they piss the players off. The stars are irreplaceable.

If they do get paid it will be another reason why the NBA is the best sports league and Adam Silver the best commissioner.

Going to be interesting times.

Back
Top Bottom