Finally we received our new bookshelf to display my little gems

NRL FAN

Broncos4ever
Real Name
Katrina
After 2 years i finally convinced my husband that we needed a brand new bookshelf to display our little gems. Both my husband and i love the Broncos and he loves his cricket meaning i am starting to set it up today so when he gets home after work it should look pretty dame good lol. PS i can't wait to buy more display stands to finish it off as the bookshelf looks alittle empty lol. Happy days, K

20161219_094911.jpg

20161219_095137.jpg

20161219_095401.jpg

20161219_095418.jpg

20161219_095550.jpg

20161219_102503.jpg

Nice display would look better with blue and gold cards, I couldn't have anything like that as my 3 and 5 year olds would destroy them.

Plus my wife's a raiders fan and wouldn't want eels stuff out
I don't disagree with you on the Blue and Gold as i kind of have a soft spot for the Eels but i am not quite sure if my husband would like it. K

That looks wonderful. But have you thought about the risk of a robbery?

Yep so i would I. I would be tinting the windows the cards are in if it was me

Then I suppose the only way to keep signatures from fading are to leave them in a dark cool place away from sunshine. But then once again, you wont be able to have them on display.

That looks wonderful. But have you thought about the risk of a robbery?
No chance at all. We have the latest security system plus everything is insured . And to be honest why should we hide everything inside folders for 12 months of the year just to pull them out every now and then to say "look what i have got". Sorry but for myself and my husband we get alot more enjoyment walking into our home every day after or before work to see our collection displayed in the way "collections" should be displayed. Also i am not at all fussed about "signatures fading" etc etc as we would rather get our money's worth looking at what we have everyday without worrying about what it would be worth if the signature fades. Anyway all that matters is that we are happy and if something happens between now and then so be it. Happy collecting everyone, K

that looks sweet as K

i have about 5-10 Cards on display, hardly turn the light on in my room lol. Rest are all kept in a big briefcase which never sees daylight

Love to have them on display but worried not only about fading but also someone coming over and pinching one or two on a visit, Im just not a trusting person...

that looks sweet as K

i have about 5-10 Cards on display, hardly turn the light on in my room lol. Rest are all kept in a big briefcase which never sees daylight

Love to have them on display but worried not only about fading but also someone coming over and pinching one or two on a visit, Im just not a trusting person...
I really like the thought of you displaying your prized cards. Think about this, why do you collect cards in the first place? And what attracted you to the hobby? For both myself and my husband its not about the money side of things but more the memories we get from seeing our favourite Team or players sitting there on the shelf every day we come home. To be honest we are not one bit worried about signatures fading or people coming in and stealing etc etc as for me memories of seeing what you like on a daily basis means alot more than just items stacked away where no one else can see. I know everyone will have very different opinions on this and thats normal but if people think by hiding away all their prized items thinking they are going to make some "Extra" cash are dreaming. So i suggest that everyone on this forum pull out all there favorites and have them all on display before we all get old and you will be leaving them to your grandchildren before you got any pleasure from your most admired collectables. Katrina

After 2 years i finally convinced my husband that we needed a brand new bookshelf to display our little gems. Both my husband and i love the Broncos and he loves his cricket meaning i am starting to set it up today so when he gets home after work it should look pretty dame good lol. PS i can't wait to buy more display stands to finish it off as the bookshelf looks alittle empty lol. Happy days, K

20161219_094911.jpg

20161219_095137.jpg

20161219_095401.jpg

20161219_095418.jpg

20161219_095550.jpg

20161219_102503.jpg
Very impressive. Looks really good. Some nice new cards there especially with the Oates 1of1. Is the Tallis Captain sig new too?

Fantastic looking display, but have to agree with the others......those signatures will fade very quickly..... nothing worse than seeing a super rare card with a signature that has faded beyond any recognition....

Like the card below:

s-l1600.jpg

Then I suppose the only way to keep signatures from fading are to leave them in a dark cool place away from sunshine. But then once again, you wont be able to have them on display.

incorrect i have mine on display in a room, it gets sunlight sol i have the window tinted to 10%

Back
Top Bottom