'Ferris Bueller' director John Hughes dead at 59

Allstar cards inc

"Got one more than Shaq!"
Real Name
Marcus
eBay User
allstar_cards_inc
This news may only upset a few people here.....I'm sure mainly those from Generation X who have grown up with his films....including one of my all-time favourites Planes, Trains and Automobiles.
John Hughes has directed, produced and/or written some of the best-loved movies of all-time.

This is from ninemsn.com.au
'Ferris Bueller' director John Hughes dead at 59

John Hughes, best known for writing and directing a string of 1980s hit movies including The Breakfast Club, and Ferris Bueller's Day Off, has died, his publicist said Thursday. He was 59.

Hughes suffered a heart attack while visiting his family in Manhattan, his Los Angeles-based representatives said.

A prolific screenwriter and director, Hughes was the creative inspiration behind a series of teen-oriented films throughout the 1980s before penning the screenplay for the smash 1990 Macaulay Culkin film Home Alone.

59 is a pretty short knock! The guy directed some classics!

Some Bueller quote's :)

"Cameron: The 1961 Ferrari 250GT California. Less than a hundred were made. My father spent three years restoring this car. It is his love, it is his passion.
Ferris: It is his fault he didn't lock the garage."

"Economics Teacher: Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
Simone: Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious."

"Ed Rooney: I don't trust this kid any farther than I can throw him.
Grace: With your bad knee Ed, you shouldn't throw anybody.
Ed Rooney: What's so terrible about a kid like Ferris is he gives good kids bad ideas. Last thing I need in my career is fifteen hundred Ferris Bueller disciples running around these halls. He jeopardizes my ability to effectivley govern this student body.
Grace: He makes you look like an a$$ is what he does, Ed."

"Cameron: He'll keep calling me, he'll keep calling me until I come over. He'll make me feel guily. This is uh... This is ridiculous, ok I'll go, I'll go, I'll go, I'll go, I'll go. What-- I'LL GO. God DamnIt"

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:54 PM ----------

Planes trains...

"Del: Don't let me stand in your way, please don't let me stand in your way. The last thing I want to be remembered as is an annoying blabbermouth... You know, nothing grinds my gears worse than some chowderhead that doesn't know when to keep his big trap shut... If you catch me running off with my mouth, just give me a poke on the chubbs... "

"Neal: You know everything is not an anecdote. You have to discriminate. You choose things that are funny or mildly amusing or interesting. You're a miracle! Your stories have NONE of that. They're not even amusing ACCIDENTALLY! "Honey, I'd like you to meet Del Griffith, he's got some amusing anecodotes for you. Oh and here's a gun so you can blow your brains out. You'll thank me for it." I could tolerate any insurance seminar. For days I could sit there and listen to them go on and on with a big smile on my face. They'd say, "How can you stand it?" I'd say, "'Cause I've been with Del Griffith. I can take ANYTHING." You know what they'd say? They'd say, "I know what you mean. The shower curtain ring guy. Woah." It's like going on a date with a Chatty Cathy doll. I expect you have a little string on your chest, you know, that I pull out and have to snap back. Except I wouldn't pull it out and snap it back - you would. Agh! Agh! Agh! Agh! And by the way, you know, when you're telling these little stories? Here's a good idea - have a POINT. It makes it SO much more interesting for the listener!"

:lol::lol: :v:

There's a basketball related quote in Planes, Trains and Automobiles that always makes me laugh....

Del: You play with your b@%ls a lot.

Neal: I do NOT play with my b@%ls.

Del: Larry Bird doesn't do as much ball-handling in one night as you do in an hour!

Neal: Are you trying to start a fight?

Del: No. I'm simply stating a fact. That's all. You fidget with your n@%s a lot.

Neal: You know what'd make me happy?

Del: Another couple of b@%ls, and an extra set of fingers?

I still use these for some reason (from Ferris Bueller) -

Cameron: Hey batta batta batta hey batta batta batta SWING batta!

what if you need a favour from ferris one day?...you heartless wench!

And don't even get me started on The Breakfast Club....come to think of it...if it wasn't for John Hughes I have no witty comeback lines at all!!!

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

:lol::lol: :thumbsup: This a family friendly site though :p

Good point....now edited!!:thumbsup:

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

It could have been worse I could have quoted the car rental scene out of Planes, Trains....and for those that haven't seen it...for that scene alone it is worth seeing!!

Have you got the lines for the scene

"unlessing your a cattle or a hog

Her first baby came out sideways, she didn't scream or nothin."

Damn. What a shock. Ferris is one of my all time favorite and most watched comedies. Was only 11 when home Alone came out so no doubt I went and saw that a few times. Guy had a very good resume. Sad news...

Back
Top Bottom