Epic Mailday **updated January 2024**

C'mon Dave......only some?

Awesome cards Brendan keen to know what the Priorities are like in hand?

Ross

Young Guns Parallels are exquisite IMO, really nice in hand. The gold foiling really lifts the card.

Dally M parallels, not a big fan. I think the standard version is actually better in hand.

Interesting to hear because on the photos, it really doesn't seem that great so good to hear they're nice in hand.

Nice little mail-day from TLA. Big thanks to @Diggaz TC for his assistance in this one, great to know the cards were returned well protected and packaged.

A loose thread or two on the spotlight auto, I guess you could say that adds to the game worn authenticity...Titans did do a bit of jersey grabbing that game so it certainly accounts for it...

Not the best standard Spotlight patch but at least it is mostly green !

Elite 20 Mailday.jpg

Nice cards, I like the patch on the booklet.

There's a fair bit of variation in the "g" in Wighton's signature. If you were validating signatures you would have to knock one of them back as a forgery.

Cheers
Ross

Nice cards, I like the patch on the booklet.

There's a fair bit of variation in the "g" in Wighton's signature. If you were validating signatures you would have to knock one of them back as a forgery.

Cheers
Ross
Thanks.

I hadn’t really noticed the variation on the ‘g’ but you are quite right, very different. I can understand for the LSB as the gold pen is a bit thicker. I am glad the best signature of the three is on the LST though.

LOL

Made me have a look. He actually played 72 minutes for only 32 Supercoach points.

It must have been from the section tucked into his shorts. ;)

Ross
But then in the elimination final, didn’t he score 3 or 4, in the first half?

Agreed though, the best patches should be reserved for the signature cards and then the important numbers.

I had a Jordan McLean RTF jersey patch signature which I think is now with @Paul_Ambrey . Not a significant number but had a nice dirt mark and what I thought were sweat stains however the latter appears more unlikely with the jersey material these days. Really makes the card.

But then in the elimination final, didn’t he score 3 or 4, in the first half?

Agreed though, the best patches should be reserved for the signature cards and then the important numbers.

I had a Jordan McLean RTF jersey patch signature which I think is now with @Paul_Ambrey . Not a significant number but had a nice dirt mark and what I thought were sweat stains however the latter appears more unlikely with the jersey material these days. Really makes the card.
Its gone.The jersey cards fustrate me now.There is a huge opportunity to put some beautifull patches out there,but with only one colour in it,thats why i don,t collect them anymore.

Last edited:
Its gone.The jersey cards fustrate me now.There is a huge opportunity to put some beautifull patches out there,but with only one colour in it,thats why i don,t collect them anymore.

This annoys me as well. You have so many nice jersey pieces that could be used....... where do they all go?

Sure the Team Logo goes into the 1/1 card but what about all the other nice patches?

One thing that Panini does is that when they get a Football Jersey, they actually plan out what patches are going into what products to maximise the patches off the jersey. They use the asset to within an inch of its life.

You will have Tag cards, Brand Logo cards, Letter Patches, Team Logo Cards, Championship Tag Logos, Sponsor Logos and so on.....

Seems TLA uses the Team Logo for the 1/1, the Odd Tag Patch and then its a case of random patches which really don't get the most use out of them.

I can sort of understand why the #/80 card may not have multi colour patches, but for the 40 that are signed in the booklets these should have the best patch pieces from the jersey!

The Superheroes cards were some of the best cards they made and why they went away from this sort of design is beyond me.

I mean how nice were these cards!

1613040853700.png

This annoys me as well. You have so many nice jersey pieces that could be used....... where do they all go?

Sure the Team Logo goes into the 1/1 card but what about all the other nice patches?

One thing that Panini does is that when they get a Football Jersey, they actually plan out what patches are going into what products to maximise the patches off the jersey. They use the asset to within an inch of its life.

You will have Tag cards, Brand Logo cards, Letter Patches, Team Logo Cards, Championship Tag Logos, Sponsor Logos and so on.....

Seems TLA uses the Team Logo for the 1/1, the Odd Tag Patch and then its a case of random patches which really don't get the most use out of them.

I can sort of understand why the #/80 card may not have multi colour patches, but for the 40 that are signed in the booklets these should have the best patch pieces from the jersey!

The Superheroes cards were some of the best cards they made and why they went away from this sort of design is beyond me.

I mean how nice were these cards!

1613040853700.png
As we have previously discussed though, TLA could do so much but are just not interested.

It's a bit of OCD from my days of verifying signatures when I was a Bank Teller straight out of school.

Here's why I like your signature patch so much:

1613036189338.png

Surely such a top end card shouldn't be just all white?

Ross
Just look at the dragons jersey.If you couldn,t get 80 cards with two or more colours in your spotlight patch,then three or more colours in your booklet patch auto you shouldn,t be putting the patches together.People like Matt26 totally know what he is talking about.Panini have got this down to a fine art.Maybe for the 2021 Elite release charge a little more for the product and give the collector,s a better quality of jersey auto card such as the Marvel release.

Just look at the dragons jersey.If you couldn,t get 80 cards with two or more colours in your spotlight patch,then three or more colours in your booklet patch auto you shouldn,t be putting the patches together.People like Matt26 totally know what he is talking about.Panini have got this down to a fine art.Maybe for the 2021 Elite release charge a little more for the product and give the collector,s a better quality of jersey auto card such as the Marvel release.
This is why I think TLA need to bring in a Brilliance style release. Keep Elite at $8 with the chance at good hits and then have an ultra high end but make sure they use the best patches, get the best signers, the signatures are perfect etc.

Back
Top Bottom