EOI - All Time Basketball Draft #4 - Feb 1st start?

GarnettFan4Life

Administrator
Real Name
Matt
COMC User
GarnettFan4Life
Last edited:
FURTHER READING:

Rules:

• Pick a team to draft your all time best/favourite rosters
  • Time allowed per pick is 18 hours or your turn will be auto-skipped
  • Previous selector will tag the next pick who is up and the time will start
  • More below so please read and be up to speed!

Previous Draft Rules-

1. Draft-
The objective here is to draft the greatest basketball team possible from a pool of every professional basketball player who has played in the NBA/ABA. This will be a TWELVE round snake draft, with randomized draft order prior to the beginning of the draft (using random.org)...

2. Roster- Every team roster will include the following TWELVE positions to be drafted. A player can be drafted at any position that shows up that they played at that position on basketball reference
-
PG-
PG-
SG-
SG-
G-
SF-
SF-
PF-
PF-
F/C-
C-
C-

3. Drafting Rules- To ensure the draft moves along, I will impose a strict eighteen hour draft clock for every pick. If you fail to make your pick during the twelve hour window, your team will be skipped. If your team is skipped three times in the draft, you either forfeit your spot or someone who missed out might take over as GM. If you are skipped, you may make your pick at any moment after your draft window is expired, however, you run the risk of the next team drafting a player that you wished to draft.

Also, if you know you are going to be gone for your next pick and do not want to be skipped, you may send a proxy list of players you would like to draft to me, via pm. Also, because sending a proxy list will speed up the draft process, the other team owners and I as commissioner will appreciate it.

4. Drafting Formating and Etiquette- Please format all picks in the following way:

["round number"."pick number"] "Team Name" Select- "Player Name", "Player Position"

EXAMPLE- [1.1] San Antonio Spurs Select- Michael Jordan, SG

Also, members are required to send a pm to the next team to notify them that it is their turn. When you do send a pm, please say so under your draft pick. If for whatever reason you cannot format or pm next, please indicate that and I will do so ASAP, but please, do not abuse it...

5. Maintaining Rosters- I will maintain a draft sheet in next post, to list all draft choices by pick and also by position. I ask that all of you however maintain your current roster on your own edited post where you first selected your team, in order for everybody to be able to look over all teams individually. Other rules about maintaining the rosters will be available on this separate thread.

6. Draft Completion- Once the draft is complete and all teams have a full roster, teams will be randomized (using random.org) to see your opponent, and again for each round after. Games will be best of 7 and run through a game simulator software eg whatifsports.com.

Round 1 : 1 v 16, 2 v 15 etc etc - random for home court
Round 2: 1 v 8, 2 v 7 etc - random for home court
Round 3 : 1 v 4, 2 v 3 - random for home court
Finals : 1 v 2 - random for home court or best win/loss record so far? TBC

I'm in again. Sign me up for the Hawks and 76ers. If numbers are bigger I'm happy to drop back to one team. The only thought I had related to whether the sim uses career averages or the averages from a particular season. If the latter we could nominate the particular season for the player we choose. It would definitely change the way I drafted a side.

I'm in again. Sign me up for the Hawks and 76ers. If numbers are bigger I'm happy to drop back to one team. The only thought I had related to whether the sim uses career averages or the averages from a particular season. If the latter we could nominate the particular season for the player we choose. It would definitely change the way I drafted a side.

The sim uses any season you select so I chose the best season I could see for the player. It ranked them in order of what they were getting paid though, sometimes that was their best season but often it was not so I switched it up but it’s pretty close that we had every players best or close to best season stats not career averages.

Back
Top Bottom