EBay Seller of the Month

Try and buy a select captain card that are also out of #40 for under $100

Absolutely. Try and buy any Select high end auto for under $300 and you have a bargain.

A point to consider though is that the 04 Captains cards were /40 x 15 - 600 cards in total.

Black LS & YG are both /40 x 16 so 1280 in total. This is more than double on the market which IMO is a big factor in the lower values.

So if you use the 04 captains as an example one would think the 2018 blacks would be worth $300- $400 in a perfect world
You would think so , forgot the fact that there are black YG and LS as they are different cards . As long as people can buy stock significantly cheaper then the average punter and dump on eBay this is never going to change .
Another example is the signed premiership sets on eBay totalling around $400 for the 20 cards . If I’m correct these sets are sold at a price of $999 . If someone can afford to offload them at that price what are they paying for them ?.
And if you honestly believe that they can afford to lose on every release and stay in business you are delusional .
Also I think the reason some cards do hold value is the fact that the people selling recent released cards at 1/3 of the price just don’t have those and the people that do won’t let them go for silly prices ?

Not eBay however, given this thread is hot Melbourne Storm website just sold 18 boxes of 2018 Traders at $1 a packet! There was a sealed case & 6 loose sealed boxes. I asked them to hold it for me which they couldn’t & buy the time I talked the Mrs into after pay they had sold! They said it was one person who brought the lot, wounded how long it takes before they all surface.

Still wont break even 🤣

Classic..

AF14D04A-C254-49E2-AD20-52263BE33B31.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom