ebay buyers

baggies

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Michael
eBay User
1binwa
Had my first standard post cards go missing in the post through ebay sales this month. The buyers claim not to have received them so I had the choice to "solve" (refund) the problem or have a potential negative transaction. Prior to these I've never had a lost card sent or received in around 4 years.

Refunded
$35+$1 McGrath wildcard - mrplod10
$22+$1 Greene wildcard - socratecromdo0

Sorry to hear that. How quickly did they contact you? I would also have a look at their future purchases - presumably if they didn't receive your card they will need to buy from someone else.

Thanks, checking future purchases is not a bad idea.

The guys who purchased took about 10 days - 2 weeks before opening cases which is fair enough. I waited a further week before refunding. Auspost can't do much because the buyers chose standard post.

I had photo evidence plus there was an option for registered in each instance but both buyers chose standard. Track record doesn't mean much to ebay, they are a money machine so it's either risk taking negative feedback or refund the buyer and assume they are being honest. The envelopes had return addresses so unless they were stolen from a letterbox or are still not delivered approaching a month, who knows?

I'd like ebay to introduce something where sellers can see if buyers have previously requested refunds from other sellers. I'm not saying the guys here have been dishonest in any way but it would help the community recognise who may be requesting refunds on a regular basis and then to potentially block certain buyers and continue to offer standard post. I'd gone up to $35 with optional standard but reducing to $20 for a while.

On a side note, I had another item stuck in German customs for about a week, 3rd case opened within days of each other earlier this month. The guy got his card 6 days ago, left positive feedback but funds are still on hold in PayPal because he didn't close the case. I phoned in to ebay to try and sort it out earlier but was told to ring back when German ebay was open. What a system where an open case with a delivered item plus tracking and positive feedback can't be automatically closed. They can be annoying at times taking a fortune in fees and offering a poor semi automated service.

Always send at the very least registered mail , you just never know who your dealing with its only a few dollars more no biggie, to prevent this exact reason.

Not surprisingly they are both wildcards that arent numbered so they cant be tracked! If ebay i would always sell registered as its just too risky and easy to be taken advantage of

It is a bit risky but I've had no problems in the past.

Interesting point about the card numbering, hadn't considered that both were wildcards

Earlier this year, I got scammed for the first time in 15 years on ebay. Pretty sure ebay scamming is picking up because there is NO WAY ebay will take the sellers side. I refused to issue buyer refund, I decided to take the negative feedback (buyer still got refund of $65).

Story of mine is a bit different. I did send registered post and card is numbered (2012 Draft Prospects Triple Signature Essendon Players)
Buyer said I sent wrong card....
I asked for card back. He sent me back a common card from 2013 that I have never seen before.
Buyers account was an alt account with only about 10 feedback and has asked for atleast 4 refunds.

Earlier this year, I got scammed for the first time in 15 years on ebay. Pretty sure ebay scamming is picking up because there is NO WAY ebay will take the sellers side. I refused to issue buyer refund, I decided to take the negative feedback (buyer still got refund of $65).

Story of mine is a bit different. I did send registered post and card is numbered (2012 Draft Prospects Triple Signature Essendon Players)
Buyer said I sent wrong card....
I asked for card back. He sent me back a common card from 2013 that I have never seen before.
Buyers account was an alt account with only about 10 feedback and has asked for atleast 4 refunds.
Any chance the surname you sent it to was Zammit?

Hi baggies,
maybe the eBay person (ID) you sent the cards to should be named so members here give them a miss.

Just tried to check those ID's thru ebay but can't use find a member or track down thru the finished auction
as it doesn't show the bids,
all you can do is watch out they do not bid on your auction..

Back
Top Bottom