Ebay are an utterly f*****g retarded company

hairyangryfella

Tag Team Quads 93/94
Real Name
Graeme
I am so pissed right now. I've spent over an hour on chat with these morons (still going) and have the worst resolution possible.

All because of these stupid, BS 'managed payments'.

I share an account with a mate. It was originally registered in the UK, but I wasn't happy with the currency conversion they were giving us. We had that changed to an NZ account, but were then paying GST on all fees which I didn't think should be. So we had it moved to a US account (using COMC address as the registered address as instructed by the person I was chatting to).

When ebay decided to cull paypal and bring in these managed payments, I chatted to them again and was told that because I don't have any of the relevant documentation, being in NZ, we could change the account back to an NZ one and still accept paypal once they brought it in properly. They kept asking me to sign up for managed payments while keeping our listings active.

Today I have received a message that our listings have now all been taken down because we haven't updated our account for managed payments. So I have gone on to chat to have the account changed to NZ from US, and after AN HOUR of talking to TWO people, been told that I can't.

I can't sign up for managed payments because the address in the system is US and the country field cannot be changed. They say I have to sign up for managed payments to be able to keep selling. So I want them to change the account to NZ, like previously told I could, so that I can register (which they say you can do even when not in the US - in fact it is the only way they will allow anybody to sell).

They have kept saying "you won't be able to change your site once you have been registered for managed payments.", "you can not change your site after registering for managed payments.".
I have NOT registered for managed payments. I can't, anyway. But they seem to think that because they wanted me to, I have been.

And their only solution to be able to register for managed payments and resume selling is to..... SIGN UP FOR A BRAND NEW ACCOUNT.
They want me to lose the 13 years of history and all feedback we have built up, because they have apparently registered us for managed payments themselves, despite being told I wouldn't have to by their own staff previously.

What a clusterf**k. I'm fuming. F****g joke of a company.

I don't like how you have to 'opt in' for managed payments as if it's an option. I also feel like this change came out of nowhere, but maybe I was just slow or something and missed a memo. I'm used to it now but I would of thought they would of given us a bit more time to transition before making it a mandatory requirement. By that I mean if I am not a regular seller but have a number of items listed, maybe give a month or 2 grace period before you make the switch instead of just changing it and saying you now have to register for mandatory payments otherwise we will hold your funds. All in all I am not bothered by the change, it just felt abrupt, but like I said that could just be me.

I hate this scumbag company even more now...
I wanted to keep the same contact info on the new account they're forcing me to open (and lose all my feedback and seller limits....), but couldn't because they are already in use. So I update the contact info on the original account - putting in a personal email and my work phone number because I don't have anything else. Try to register again but it says the email is already registered, still. So I contact them, they tell me it takes 24-48 hours for it to 'index' and I should be fine to use it after that. So after that time has passed I try again, only for it to still be rejected as it is in use. Contact them again, and this guy tells me I can't use it for 60 days after having previously had it. Ugh...

But then I've been receiving an absolute tonne of scam texts on my work phone suddenly. Bearing in mind I've had this phone for a few years and never had any kind of scam/spam on it, all of a suddden after using it for the ebay account (and verifying it, which might be the key) I'm being bombarded with scam texts. Obviously ebay have sold my data - and when I contact them again they of course deny it and say maybe I need to contact my provider.

So they continue to tell me things that are untrue in terms of their processes, and then they have sold my data and lied about doing so too! I want them to burn so badly, unfortunately they're so big I doubt they ever will - and there's absolutely nothing I can do anyway - I can't "prove" they sold my data (just one masssssssive coincidence, right?) and I can't threaten to do anything otherwise.

Absolute pricks.

Back
Top Bottom