eBay and Paypal -The Big Loophole Scam plus ebay member syoung5599.

Re: eBay and Paypal -The Big Loophole Scam plus ebay member syoung5599.Taking it to T

Yes Matt quicksales was formally oztion. I agree with you about the no traffic before but hopefully if we can get some more sellers over there we can make it a better place to buy & sell cards. It was a bit slow when i started but I have well over 1000 listings on there now and I will be starting more auctions on there very soon. By the way if you use turbo lister for Ebay, you can import your listings to quicksales version called express lister which saves a fair bit of time when changing over.

Cheers Glenn

Re: eBay and Paypal -The Big Loophole Scam plus ebay member syoung5599.Taking it to T

If QuickSales get too big, feebay will just buy them out like they did with Sold.com.au :(

Maybe someone like google will come in one day and crush them. We can hope i guess.

Maybe someone like google will come in one day and crush them. We can hope i guess.

Well Google already have Google Checkout for payments, although it's not really mainstream like Paypal is and as regards for auctions..... I don't think they want to sh*t where they eat lol as eBay are apparently their biggest advertiser.

True. Maybe Visa or Mastercard will try to team up with someone. I just look at the mountain of money ebay/paypal are making and think that at some stage someone wants a piece of it. Wishful thinking maybe.

all the banks will get on board, i read recently they are aware they will get left behind if they dont follow suit.

True. Maybe Visa or Mastercard will try to team up with someone. I just look at the mountain of money ebay/paypal are making and think that at some stage someone wants a piece of it. Wishful thinking maybe.

I posted in another thread about Serve | Home from Amex...... being doing some heavy advertising. I believe Visa also have something going where you can pay anyone with a Visa card or something!?

There are several paypal equivalent services, except as we all know eBay owns paypal so they don't allow those methods of payment..

23 JULY - paypal sides with buyer and says a full refund will be granted if they send back the cards. Account in negative balance.

PLEASE tell me how this is logical. ebay and paypal have ALL the info on how this buyer is avoiding the rules and yet still decides within 2 days on this??????

There is NO WAY for a seller to be covered unless they film themselves from the packing the cards point up to the postoffice and hand the cards over! This is ridiculous. I'm DONE with these 2 scammers, fuming right now.

I've actually done this for a few some more expensive cards i've sent off.
Not quite to the extent of me filming the transaction and friendly banter i have with the sales staff at auspost, but i've taken pictures of me filling out the address/packntrack type forms with the cards in their envelopes before sealing it up.

I guess that'd still be technically insufficient.

Furthermore i have also done also done this on the receiving end and filmed myself opening parcels which are meant to be more expensive purchases, just in case they do not contain what they're meant to!

The amount of crap that seems to happen (although fortunately has't to me yet) makes me paranoid like this...

What would be great is to have some kind of service which acts as an independent mediator. They receive the funds and items as a middle man and make sure each party is passing on what they said they would. It's probably unfeasible from a business standpoint and maybe only useful for larger deals, but it'd help keep the buyer honest and not try to scam people as well.

I've actually done this for a few some more expensive cards i've sent off.
Not quite to the extent of me filming the transaction and friendly banter i have with the sales staff at auspost, but i've taken pictures of me filling out the address/packntrack type forms with the cards in their envelopes before sealing it up.

I guess that'd still be technically insufficient.

Furthermore i have also done also done this on the receiving end and filmed myself opening parcels which are meant to be more expensive purchases, just in case they do not contain what they're meant to!

The amount of crap that seems to happen (although fortunately has't to me yet) makes me paranoid like this...

What would be great is to have some kind of service which acts as an independent mediator. They receive the funds and items as a middle man and make sure each party is passing on what they said they would. It's probably unfeasible from a business standpoint and maybe only useful for larger deals, but it'd help keep the buyer honest and not try to scam people as well.

I can't remember if I put it in the thread but paypal said they refuse to look at/consider video evidence as there is the chance for people to digitally alter them. Sure, they may be right, but to put it in the too hard basket (which is what they've done by siding with the buyer every time) is ridiculous but in the long term yes, would save them some money. It sucks, it really does.

I can't remember if I put it in the thread but paypal said they refuse to look at/consider video evidence as there is the chance for people to digitally alter them. Sure, they may be right, but to put it in the too hard basket (which is what they've done by siding with the buyer every time) is ridiculous but in the long term yes, would save them some money. It sucks, it really does.

Matt is spot on.

I had some POS send me a empty padded bag recently. Suspected it was empty so i rang paypal who told me I wont be covered if i video it and to take it to the post office and open it there in the presence of a postal worker.

It was empty so the post office manager signed a stat dec. Paypal refunded me within about 15 minutes of me uploading the stat dec.

Back
Top Bottom