Dirk out???

Benny J

Mr Big Shot...
Real Name
Ben
eBay User
15DVS
Massive news for the mavs.....Lewis from the Sonics only played 1 minute in today game...anyone know what happened...

Nowitzki helped off court with left ankle injury

December 21, 2006

SEATTLE (AP) -- Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki was helped off the court with 2:05 left in the first quarter on Wednesday night after spraining his left ankle against the Seattle SuperSonics.

X-rays on Nowitzki's ankle were negative and the team said he would be re-evaluated when the Mavericks return to Dallas. The Mavericks host the Clippers on Friday night.

Nowitzki was hurt following a missed free throw by teammate Jerry Stackhouse.

Seattle's Chris Wilcox jumped for the rebound and was bumped by DeSagana Diop of the Mavericks. Wilcox fell to the ground, his legs spreading and his left foot hitting Nowitzki just above his left foot, causing the All-Star's ankle to roll.

Nowitzki was down on the floor for a few minutes before being carried back to the locker room by two teammates.

Nowitzki had six points in the first quarter

Strange about 'shard, noticed it to that he only played a minute. Dampier is doing pretty well in Nowitzki's absence though!

just saw on Sportscentre that Lewis had a freak accident where he sort of got his hand 'stuck' in the net going for a rebound and hurt it somehow and left the game :confused:

Oh man, not good.

I was watching the stats briefly this arvo, and noticed he'd only played 9 mins, and Shard had only played the 1.

I re-read the play-by-play thinking there may have been a double tech, but damn, an injury...

Big Damps did well for them tho. I gotta check and see if the Mavs came thru or not yet.....

tough luck for the mavs, they will really struggle without him. perfect timing as the suns meet the mavs in a few days though :D

Narh I was talking to him before he went to bed and he said he'll be out for 20 games at least(hopfully, so the rockets can leapfrog them)

Dirk only has a sprain and should be a-ok, Rashard however:

Seattle was lamenting yet another major injury. Rashard Lewis injured a tendon on the back of his right hand after his fingers got caught in the net while he was trying to block Dampier's shot in the opening minute of the game.

Lewis immediately ran to the locker room and had X-rays taken. He was to be re-examined on Thursday.

Should find out today how bad Shard's injury is

Man Sonics can't take a trick

swift, allen and now shard

Good to see....the sprain cant have been that bad...

Not as good a news for Lewis...out for 8 games!

Back
Top Bottom