Diet Coke : My Poison - A search for truth and a healthier life

I reckon i commented on the blog when you wrote it mate.... I used to drink a $hit load of farmers union ice coffee (sometimes 2.5L per day) I decided to cut back about 6 months ago and just in the last month have changed over to feel good ice coffee (pretty much half the calories).

Lost about 8kg and now sit at 94 which for someone who is 6 foot 3, that's not to bad.

Gonna keep playing bball twice a week and the odd run here and there and just see what happens.

P. S I red the whole thing twice..... Inspiring!

Yeah I remember you commenting about the ice coffee, good work mate gotta love dropping a few kg's when you feel a bit shite, makes you feel better about yourself as much as guys don't usually like to talk about it!

I drink 1-2 cans of Coke or Pepsi Max a day, nothing too bad i guess when you consider some people drink litres and litres a day. My wife gets angry at me if i drink more than one can a day usually haha. If i'm at a party or family gathering i am likely to drink more, but that is not so often. I am overweight and need to lose quite a bit but that is more due to the fact i haven't done much exercise over the past year due to illness and exhaustion. All the medication i take also doesn't help with keeping off the weight.

Great read, I read it a while ago and I'm glad you've put it up here.

I've been to Peru and Bolivia and even seen the Cochineal insect. Amazing the red colouring that comes out of those things. Cosmetics companies pay big money for it and I'm guessing coke would too.

I actually love coke, but think it's pretty bad for you. Just on sugar content alone. I know there's actually alot of vitamins in the coca leaf, but I've seen the people over there that chew those leaves everyday, let's just say they won't be splitting the atom any time soon.

Although, when I was walking the inca trail, I was using the coca lollies to help with the altitude and they were excellent. I would get a headache and then start sucking on a coca lolly and it would go away.

It's also used to settle the stomach to help with indigestion.

Good work Matt. These kinds of things are great to read.

Great read, I read it a while ago and I'm glad you've put it up here.

I've been to Peru and Bolivia and even seen the Cochineal insect. Amazing the red colouring that comes out of those things. Cosmetics companies pay big money for it and I'm guessing coke would too.

I actually love coke, but think it's pretty bad for you. Just on sugar content alone. I know there's actually alot of vitamins in the coca leaf, but I've seen the people over there that chew those leaves everyday, let's just say they won't be splitting the atom any time soon.

Although, when I was walking the inca trail, I was using the coca lollies to help with the altitude and they were excellent. I would get a headache and then start sucking on a coca lolly and it would go away.

It's also used to settle the stomach to help with indigestion.

Good work Matt. These kinds of things are great to read.

Interesting stuff, you saw the insect, very cool, thought it may have been a myth!

So the coca lolly helped with an altitude induced headache? Are they made locally and what was in them do you know?
Find it interesting because Coke drink probably gives you headaches, unless its a withdrawal headache and then it may get rid of it for a while, and also probably burns through your gut in the long term as opposed to the lolly helping settle!

I drink 1-2 cans of Coke or Pepsi Max a day, nothing too bad i guess when you consider some people drink litres and litres a day. My wife gets angry at me if i drink more than one can a day usually haha. If i'm at a party or family gathering i am likely to drink more, but that is not so often. I am overweight and need to lose quite a bit but that is more due to the fact i haven't done much exercise over the past year due to illness and exhaustion. All the medication i take also doesn't help with keeping off the weight.

That's a very familiar story! Sounds like me only I was the one doing the 2 litres

Interesting stuff, you saw the insect, very cool, thought it may have been a myth!

So the coca lolly helped with an altitude induced headache? Are they made locally and what was in them do you know?
Find it interesting because Coke drink probably gives you headaches, unless its a withdrawal headache and then it may get rid of it for a while, and also probably burns through your gut in the long term as opposed to the lolly helping settle!

Yeah the lolly helped with the altitude sickness. It has the coca leaf in it.

All the Porters (the locals that carry all the camp set up) were just chewing the coca leaves. Does'nt give you a buzz or anything but allows you to go for longer as it has so many nutrients in it. Yeah lollies made locally.

I think the coca leaf is one of those things they use for everything. Got an upset stomach, drink coca tea, got a headache, drink some coca tea:)

It did work though, I had both.

Great news to find out today that the EFSA (European Food Safety Authority) is currently in the midst of another aspartame investigation. The deadline for this report is 15 May 2013. VERY interested to see the findings. At least it's something!

Good effort mate. But i would consider it an effort for me to get through a single can of Cherry Coke haha, the one Coke drink i think tastes horrible.

Matt, do they use the same ingredients for the watered down stuff they sell at Maccas or Hungry Jacks?

Back
Top Bottom