David Warner Experiences

Really interesting thread.

I don't really chase IP's, have the odd one here and there that I have come across.

Warner is a great cricketer but does seem a bit on the 'slow' side, poor choice as VC.

I can see why players are not wanting to do IP's anymore. Just looking at people who try and make a living by selling IP cards would give me the shits as well. In saying that if the collector is a kid or has just a couple of cards for their PC then they should oblige.

My junior cricket was also Andy Bichels senior club. He was a QLD regular and Aussie fringe at this time but what a guy. Sign anything, always keen to roll the arm over in the nets with the kids.

I should be working a few BBL games in Brisbane this year. It might be hard but I can try for a few IP's to help others out

If I was a cricketer and someone asked me to sign 10 cards for them, I would be wondering if they were just profiteering but at the end of the day who cares?

Warner needs to take a leaf out of SBW's book...I know that the entire world was watching but still..

Really interesting thread.

I don't really chase IP's, have the odd one here and there that I have come across.

Warner is a great cricketer but does seem a bit on the 'slow' side, poor choice as VC.

I can see why players are not wanting to do IP's anymore. Just looking at people who try and make a living by selling IP cards would give me the s***s as well. In saying that if the collector is a kid or has just a couple of cards for their PC then they should oblige.

My junior cricket was also Andy Bichels senior club. He was a QLD regular and Aussie fringe at this time but what a guy. Sign anything, always keen to roll the arm over in the nets with the kids.

I should be working a few BBL games in Brisbane this year. It might be hard but I can try for a few IP's to help others out

By not signing stuff, all that does is force collectors like me to buy off ebay when all other avenues are exhausted. I want to finish my set & if the player has refused me time and time again, I have no other choice than to buy or trade for them. Problem with the trade option is that the other collectors are invariably chasing the same cards.

Re people making a living off it. They usually sell for $5 odd per card. You are hardly going to get rich off that.

The thing is there are still older poeple that still enjoy collecting ips, it's hard enough getting a couple of different ones for my own PC let alone trying to get a few extra so u can trade! No matter what team u always miss 1-2 players and when there international players is even harder , Dave Warner is just an absolute cock he needs to remember he was a no body and treating adults the way he does is rubbish , but even more so kids! He ignores everyone unless there is a camera around, I understand if u try and get players 2-3 times that's when they will start to get annoyed?

When he hit that kid in the crowd, I could actually tell he was a dick then. Seemed pretty reluctant to go and greet the boy. Just didn't seem genuine.

I don't understand when some of you guys are saying that Brad Haddin is a had one to get? I have spoke to him twice in the past 2 weeks at work and he is a great guy and he signs things for me all the time. But David Warner is a tosser as i spoke to him once and asked if he would sign a ball for me at work and he said "ask one of the other guys as they might sign for you"? After that moment i dont speak to him anymore as he turned me off for good.

By not signing stuff, all that does is force collectors like me to buy off ebay when all other avenues are exhausted. I want to finish my set & if the player has refused me time and time again, I have no other choice than to buy or trade for them. Problem with the trade option is that the other collectors are invariably chasing the same cards.

Re people making a living off it. They usually sell for $5 odd per card. You are hardly going to get rich off that.

I was talking to people at the Gabba today and yesterday about getting cards signed. They said some players thought the opposite, they would sign one hundred cards to flood the market and make the card almost worthless

Fair points but like I also said players should have no issues signing for kids and those who only want a couple signed for their PC.

Certainly difficult to make a living off it but 'sig pigs' who want 10+ of the same card signed and then flip them onto eBay to boost their income ruin it for everyone.

The prices may be small for cricket IP's but some of the NRL stuff gets serious $$$

My two cents...

I don't own any Cricket IP's but I have a few AFL ones, and although being a kid makes it easier to get players to sign for me (in the AFL) I have never had a bad experience. Dave Warner sounds like someone out of a $20000 a year private school who thinks just because his parents are rich he's better than anyone else. @Keatoboy has anyone else been quite like Warner in your experience?

Fair points but like I also said players should have no issues signing for kids and those who only want a couple signed for their PC.

Certainly difficult to make a living off it but 'sig pigs' who want 10+ of the same card signed and then flip them onto eBay to boost their income ruin it for everyone.

The prices may be small for cricket IP's but some of the NRL stuff gets serious $$$
Some of the Cricket ones go for serious $$$$ too. Luckily we dont have Mick Ennis invading most Sydney games like in the NRL. He along with his mates are ruining it by doing exactly what you said. Handing players 10-20 or 30 cards the same, expecting the players to sign them all & if they dont, then he yells at them. I have witnessed it first hand several times.

At least with the NRL, most will sign at least one or two for you - or apologise & say "sorry I dont want to sign cards" like Frank Paul Nuisala - dont agree with him doing that, however at least he is not rude about it.

My two cents...

I don't own any Cricket IP's but I have a few AFL ones, and although being a kid makes it easier to get players to sign for me (in the AFL) I have never had a bad experience. Dave Warner sounds like someone out of a $20000 a year private school who thinks just because his parents are rich he's better than anyone else. @Keatoboy has anyone else been quite like Warner in your experience?
Shane Warne - constantly refuses to sign cards "it will end up on ebay anyway" was what he said to me last summer. I asked him on three seperate occasions when i was the only one there and he refused every time.

Shane Warne - constantly refuses to sign cards "it will end up on ebay anyway" was what he said to me last summer. I asked him on three seperate occasions when i was the only one there and he refused every time.

The players who are so worried about someone else making money off them selling cards on ebay why not sign them and list them yourself. Like Andrew Symonds who wont do his full signature when you ask him, do your real signature only on the cards you want to sell yourself

If Warney said that to me, I'd pull out my folder to prove they wouldn't.
Doesn't give you a chance, keeps walking.

Also doesn't prove anything showing a folder full of cards, they can just as easy say you are going to sell them all. If they think you sell, unfortunately there is no changing their opinion.

Doesn't give you a chance, keeps walking.

Also doesn't prove anything showing a folder full of cards, they can just as easy say you are going to sell them all. If they think you sell, unfortunately there is no changing their opinion.

I was going to say you could with Warney because his signature is very different now to the one you have in your pic he did like 15 years ago but if he wont even look that doesnt help either

With the David Warner situation, I was going to give him a full blast on my FaceBook status but was urged to reword it. People attempt to get a card signed and uses the excuse 'Letting my thumb heal' although he wasn't having any issues batting and fielding. Later on when he finished training, he straight up ignored me when attempting to get a photo with him.
Where is the media when you need it?

With the David Warner situation, I was going to give him a full blast on my FaceBook status but was urged to reword it. People attempt to get a card signed and uses the excuse 'Letting my thumb heal' although he wasn't having any issues batting and fielding. Later on when he finished training, he straight up ignored me when attempting to get a photo with him.
Where is the media when you need it?
Wow, I even heard him talking to someone who asked how his thumb was and he said, "Yeah it's fine, will always be a bit of pain there though." What a craphouse excuse.

Back
Top Bottom